The Vice President, Medical Affairs is a senior level position in the Medical Affairs organizational structure. The position will have leadership responsibilities as described below and maintain oversight responsibilities for budget, performance management, tracking towards goals, and other departmental metrics. The Vice President, Medical Affairs will also provide strategic input into the overall direction for Medical Affairs across the entire portfolio of products.
- Lead a team of 6 Therapeutic Area Medical Directors, ranging in level/title from Associate Medical Director(s) to Executive Medical Director(s).
- Works with members of the clinical, regulatory, manufacturing, and commercial areas in facilitating and executing medical affairs activities with particular emphasis on scientific training and communication.
- Serves as lead and mentor for Therapeutic Area Medical Directors and as, such oversees strategy and direction of these areas.
- Responsible for leading departmental initiatives regarding support systems and processes to facilitate appropriate conduct and documentation of ongoing project work.
- As applicable, oversees the Medical Affairs, planning and tracking, grants, and information systems, and coordinates dissemination of process and methodology initiatives across groups in the company. Presents medical affairs and health outcomes projects and information to groups internal and external to the company and serves as the company’s liaison for the medical affairs and health outcomes programs.
- Provides input to improve operational efficiencies and responsible for information provided to senior management and corporate communications. Evaluates and analyzes information and generates high quality medical affairs, health economics and/or outcomes research input to product profiles and claims.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- M.D. with 10+ years’ experience in Medical Affairs leadership within the pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent organizational skills, strong oral and written communication skills, and will be able to work in a high paced, timeline driven corporate office setting
- Professional, proactive demeanor
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Professional, proactive demeanor
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated, as a condition of employment, with Pfizer that has been fully approved by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) or one of the vaccines currently granted emergency use authorization by the FDA such as Moderna or Johnson & Johnson. Fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks after your final dose of the Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson vaccine. We will provide medical and religious accommodations as required by law.
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.