As a critical member of the Walker & Company leadership team, the VP of Marketing will lead and manage all marketing-related strategy and execution for our brands, Bevel and Form. They will be responsible for developing and leading an omni-channel marketing approach to engage our target consumer segments in a dynamic, authentic 360-degree consumer experience employing disciplines including product marketing, social media, PR, digital marketing, pricing, channel promotions (DTC, retail, and retailer dot com), and marketing analytics. This person will craft, implement and amplify interactive, multi-layered marketing campaigns to drive brand awareness, new customer acquisition and repeat purchase, with a deep understanding of the consumer journey.
- Define the strategic marketing objectives of the brand, consistent with the brand's short-term and long-term goals and aligned with overall company strategy.
- Drive and develop innovative marketing campaigns to support key holiday moments, new launches, hero products, and core brand positioning.
- Plan all initiatives to propel brand awareness, engage consumers, and drive sales from both new and existing consumers.
- Lead and inspire the marketing team, lead a marketing brief process for all programs, while collaborating closely with the Sales and Creative teams.
- Develop and manage marketing budget.
- Lead cross-functional project kick off meetings with team leads to communicate program objectives and requirements.
- Lead customer and competitor research to obtain key data to aid in decision making.
- Use data to evaluate performance, provide insightful recommendations, and measure success.
- Achieve continuous improvement of marketing-related execution.
- BA/BS Required, MBA is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of brand marketing experience, overseeing concept to launch marketing strategies; ideally in beauty, consumer packaged goods, retail or agency
- Minimum 2 years of experience as Marketing Director, or similar director-level role
- Demonstrated experience in defining, articulating, developing and driving a marketing vision to team members, agencies, and retail partners at all levelsPrior experience in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment, with proven ability to prioritize, juggle multiple tasks, and multiple brands
- Proven ability to perform as both a manager and a strong individual contributor
- Proven track record as a results and metrics-driven leader
- Ability to partner closely with and effectively communicating with cross-functional teams, particularly Creative and Sales, within a small organization
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, presentation); a story teller