North Highland has a mantra: Unleash Potential Together. For our clients, it means we challenge thinking and build capabilities, so that after each engagement, they are left stronger and inspired to do more. With our colleagues, it means fostering an environment where bringing, shaping, growing and sharing ideas isn’t just encouraged—it’s expected. And within our communities, it means we give of our skills, time and passion to make them more prosperous.
Cultural Trend Setter
We are looking for an experienced vice president of marketing to join our collaborative team of experts. If you are astute, driven, and passionate about influencing revenue growth through strategic marketing initiatives and would enjoy working closely with the Chief Marketing Officer to effect that growth, we are interested in learning more about you.
This executive serves as an “integrating function” across all functions of marketing, with overall responsibility for leading a high performing team in elevating the North Highland brand across various segments of employees, clients and targets and communities.
Key areas of responsibility include: (1) Lead and mentor cross-disciplinary marketing team; (2) Own content marketing strategy and activation, utilizing disruptive channel and amplification strategies.(3) Develop and lead differentiated brand strategy that drives heightened marketplace awareness and client and employee loyalty, (4) Partner with Sales to achieve improvement in market share, target acquisition and client retention
- Lead brand strategy that supports a heightened marketplace awareness of the firm and its capabilities
- Leads market eminence strategies that heighten awareness of North Highland via digital marketing efforts, thought leadership campaigns, public relations strategies, and event concepting and strategies.
- Influences and leads team on managing thought leadership campaigns to further brand positioning with current client base and seek to capture additional market share via campaign-focused leads.
- Assists CMO in leading marketing department operational requirements by managing team of marketers against a varied skill set (digital marketing, PR, etc.); following up on work results, coaching through learning curves, etc.
- Contributes to heightened market share, growth in target acquisition and client retention by developing marketing plans and programs for North Highland’s Service Lines, industries and capabilities
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating spend against effective marketing strategies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed; leads effort for marketing & communications team on metrics reporting (quarterly and maintaining dashboard of real-time data).
- Develops marketing staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Connecting local market and account level marketing efforts with global marketing
- Will manage 4-5 direct reports and a team of 15-20
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university required; MBA, Advanced degrees and relevant certifications preferred
- 12+ years of experience in guiding and leading effective marketing campaigns across several sectors, locations, and/or practices
- Managed major marketing campaigns in the B2B services sector – thought leadership focused
- Track record of creating marketing programs with measurable and sustainable growth represented in ROI
- Experience in developing and creating brands, ideally in the B2B/Professional Services space including experience developing enterprise or brand level value propositions
- Good understanding of management consulting or advisory services within a professional services organization (consulting industry experience is preferred)
- Thought leadership and collateral content development – including writing and editing pieces
- Ability to influence stakeholders to drive focus and message of content toward holistic marketing campaigns
- Strong Project management skills
- Strong people manager skills
- Experience with Digital and Social Mediachannels a plus
- Exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal
- Experience leading external marketing and communications agencies