Who We Are
For 20+ years, SPINS' mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products.
As the Vice President of Marketing, you will be the head of SPINS’ Marketing team and responsible for delivering the strategies and offerings that drive awareness, demand and loyalty from a variety of customers and partners.
To thrive in this role, you will use your strategic ideas to drive collaboration with your team on the best way to create and power all marketing programs. Leveraging always-on digital to account based marketing (ABM), an integrated and scalable martech stack, demand generation, media and brand communications, you will build a marketing offering that drives measurable revenue growth and supports customer retention targets.
In this role, you will report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer. As a member of the CCO’s leadership team, you will work alongside your peer leaders in Sales, Sales Operations, Customer Success, and Retail partnerships. Additionally, you will have regular interaction with SPINS Executive team and play a significant role in shaping the Company’s strategic planning. Ultimately, you will ensure the Marketing team is aligned to this plan and actively contributing to our company’s continued high growth.
- Create a compelling go-to-market story and supporting platform.
- Develop, communicate and manage a comprehensive marketing calendar that coordinates all lead development actions across the company.
- Build highly targeted and customized content that provides insights from SPINS solutions for delivery to target prospects.
- Effective demand generation to capture and qualify leads before sending to sales.
- Develop digital strategies with inputs from brand research and deep understanding of buyer expectations.
- Develop thoughtful and value-oriented sales and marketing motions to maximize Client Lifetime Value (CLTV) through sustained education and communication strategies.
- Build product marketing to translate features and functionality into value propositions and competitive advantages that resonate with buyers including effective marketing campaigns that equips sales with enablement and ultimately delivers outsized revenue growth.
- Build a scalable technology ecosystem to support full-stack digital marketing and empower better decision-making within the marketing team.
- Analyze customer interaction data to provide predictive guidance for future direction.
- Monitor all marketing campaigns, identify when and how to improve them, and quickly take action on findings.
- Actively prioritize marketing projects and allocate resources accordingly to deliver results that support the company’s strong growth trajectory.
- Identify strategic trade shows and use best practices to execute these and other more vertical lead development initiatives. Travel to trade shows and other events.
- Conduct market analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth and track competitors’ activities.
- Partner with the Communications team to ensure all messaging positively impacts the Marketing team’s lead generation strategies.
What you bring:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with demonstrated results in demand generation and B2B marketing roles, with at least 5 years in a leadership role.
- A data-driven approach to allocate budget in high value programs.
- Deep expertise in building a marketing machine that keeps the top of the funnel full and moves prospects through the buyer’s journey.
- Prior experience in powering all marketing programs, from always-on digital to ABM, with an integrated and scalable martech stack that’s designed to support business needs.
- Ability to work across the spectrum of marketing activities, from strategic development to tactical execution, consistent with a high-growth company environment.
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to measure performance, evaluate results, and implement necessary adjustments.
- Deep Marketing Automation expertise, campaign creation, reporting, analytics and integration between systems.
- Proven experience in aligning sales, customer success and marketing.
- Strong ability to write, analyze, and appropriately adjust the various components of all marketing vehicles.
- Dynamic public speaker, able to deliver compelling messages externally, as well as the ability to communicate across the organization to align sales, product management, and professional services.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to run multiple projects, manage diverse teams and meet deadlines.
What SPINS Offers
When we began working from home in March, we were committed to keeping the healthy and active SPINS culture for our employees. Keeping the culture is high priority to us as we have continued to hire and onboard new employees even while we worked remotely. We listen to employee feedback as we plan when and how we will return to the office in the future. While we can’t have some of our favorite in-office perks (plenty of snacks, onsite gym, and bike storage), we’ve continued to find ways to stay true to SPINS:
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, and Kinstretch classes each week
- Each employee is allotted 8 hours to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice.
- Stay connected with other SPINS employees for a weekly PELOTON ride together
The SPINS Way
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.