Headquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Milliken & Company is a global, innovative, industrial diversified manufacturing company that has been exploring, discovering, and creating ways to enhance people's lives since 1865. With expertise across a breadth of disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and performance materials, the company works around the world every day to add true value to people's lives, improve health and safety, and help make our world more sustainable. Milliken has long led the way for "knowledge-based" investment, employing over 100 PhDs, and has accumulated over 2,200 U.S. patents – and more than 5,000 patents worldwide. Milliken is widely acknowledged as an international leader in research technology, innovation, and customer service. With over 35 manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., U.K., Belgium, France, China, India, Mexico, and Australia, and other sales and service operations throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, Milliken's more than 7,000 associates work to deliver innovations that do good for the world, create new experiences, and build for the future.
Requirements Based in Spartanburg, SC, the Vice President of Marketing will create and implement strategies that solve long-term business needs for our Performance and Protective Textiles division. Reporting to the Division President, this new position will require a strong customer focus that includes gaining insights for creating, driving and delivering brand value through marketing excellence, innovative products, and technology leading service.
• Lead marketing center of excellence for the Performance & Protective Textiles Division, building a growth and partnership-oriented function supporting the division's most complex marketing challenges and delivering measurable financial value
• Customer focused leadership with expertise in branding, communications, market research, market segmentation, differentiation, key customer relationships, customer loyalty, advertising, customer service, marketing technology, digital support tools, and pricing
• Contribute marketing insights and ideas to support the division's growth strategy
• Develop marketing talent and capabilities across the division
• Develop understanding and analysis of our markets and customers for potential synergies and growth opportunities
• Brand strategy and management; ensuring alignment with company-wide initiatives and consistency across business units, supporting Milliken's corporate image in alignment with its purpose, values, and ethical standards
• Integration of marketing and branding framework for acquisitions, enhancing the overall value
Requirements: 10+ years of relevant Marketing leadership experience
BS / BA required with an MBA preferred
Experience in consumer products and strategy a huge plus!
Strong subject matter expertise in marketing and technology, and the ability to communicate, guide and coach others
Ability to develop a strong, high-performing marketing organization, with a strong bench of future talent