Duff & Phelps, the premier valuation and corporate finance advisor, is seeking a Marketing Vice President based in either its Morristown, NJ or Chicago office. The position will report to the Global Valuation Advisory Services marketing leader. The prospective candidate should have a minimum of 10 years of experience working in a marketing capacity in complex financial or professional services. This individual will be a key strategic partner to the service line leaders, and will principally lead the conception of marketing initiatives across all channels. The Marketing Vice President will elevate the strategic advice provided to the service line leaders, originate and successfully execute new marketing campaign ideas. Join our team and together we'll power the sound decisions that enhance value - yours and ours.
Responsibilities: Evaluate Business, Competitor and Market Trends
- Analyze market, client and competitive environment, and evaluate and regularly report on marketing activities of key competitors.
- Analyze financial system data and information from our CRM system to identify most important contacts for targeted marketing outreach for each line of service and ensure that our marketing efforts are reaching these contacts.
Develop Strategic Marketing Plans
- Working with other marketing business leaders, define and communicate an overall marketing strategy for individual service lines reflecting input from key stakeholders.
- Review historical marketing activities, engage in discussions with managing directors and service line leaders to solicit feedback and bring fresh thinking to marketing plans
- Originate, develop and execute creative, strategic marketing programs and plans that are reflective of current trends and service opportunities, are supported by regional and local service line leaders and directly align to business goals.
- Ensure that marketing plans employ a full range of impactful and cost efficient activities, including events, direct and digital communications, thought leadership, public relations and advertising.
- Mentor and develop junior marketing professionals.
- Develop marketing materials and sales tools to be utilized by the business (including both service and industry focused materials)
- Understand firm-wide services that are marketed to the corporate and private equity/hedge fund channels and identify new opportunities to cross-sell firm services.
- Support marketing efforts for digitalpublishing business for valuation publications.
- Identify thought leadership initiatives, drive content development and build content calendar for the business. Tie thought leadership initiatives and campaign themes with PR plans and oversee execution.
- Maximize exposure of Duff & Phelps brand and thought leadership through public relations activities and social media
- Manage and report on market share indicators
- Lead efforts to capture and report on ROI from marketing efforts
- Working with digital team inform marketing business leaders on campaign performance metrics, google analytics, etc. and make recommendations to optimize future efforts,
- Deliver marketing results against a tightly managedbudget and track and report on marketing spending.
- BS in Marketing or Communications with concentration in business or finance
- Experience in marketing professional or financial advisory services
- Experience in public relations is desirable
- Approximately 10 - 25% travelrequired
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and deal with ambiguity
- Ability to excel in a matrix management environment with little day-to-day oversight
- Strong team player
- Proficient with full Microsoft Office suite and familiarity with modern marketing tools (Google Analytics, marketing automation, content management systems, CRM systems, etc.)
Job ID 17000702