The Vice President, Marketing will direct and oversee the marketing initiatives for PHH's Consumer Direct Lending department. As part of the Direct Lending senior leadership team, the position will report to the Senior Vice President, Consumer Direct Lending and will partner with other cross functional leaders (Sales, Compliance, IT, Finance, etc.) to manage a variety of direct to consumer marketing projects focused on portfolio recapture and new customer acquisitions; including, direct mail, email, customer service scripting, and digital marketing campaigns. The Vice President, Marketing will leverage and create all analytics and creative materials required to establish our ongoing marketing strategies. This dynamic leader will use their extensive knowledge of direct-to-consumer marketing to establish and maintain vendor relationships while being the key driver of marketing innovation, tactical execution and quality assurance. This is a small department with a large variety of duties so hands on experience is expected and necessary for success in this role.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Examples below:
- Develops and executes marketing campaigns to achieve stated objectives regarding revenue, profitability, and market share.
- Partners with Corporate Analytics to drive segmentation, creative development, and approves the final requirements for internal and external mailing lists.
- Plans and oversees execution of consumer marketing activities including direct mail, email, call center scripting, website and electronic media,
- Provides metrics and monthly tracking on all marketing campaigns and programs to leadership and sales leaders
- Continually evaluates market trends within the Mortgage industry
- Negotiates contract terms with outside agencies/vendors and manages relationships to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget
- Responsible for Interviewing, hiring and mentoring employees in the Marketing department.
- Design and review the Marketing department's budget
- Prepare regular reports and presentations on marketing metrics for Senior Leadership
- Participate in the quarterly and annual planning of the company's objectives
Key Result Areas:
- Create and execute impactful marketing strategies that increase portfolio recapture rates and drive increased sales metrics
- Design, maintain and utilize an effective analytical environment
- Ensure PHH's customer service and service excellence values are represented throughout all marketing efforts
- BS/BA in Business, Analytics, or related field, MBA strongly preferred
- A minimum of 10 years' experience managing a marketing team
- A minimum of 5 years' experience managing marketing within mortgage industry
- A minimum of 5 years' experience implementing recapture strategies
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build effective relationships internally and externally
- Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Office Suite products with an expert level knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint
- Complex problem solving and strong analytical skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment Training / Licensing Requirements: (only add if needed)