Job ID: PAN000088
Pantone LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of X-Rite Incorporated, is the world-renowned authority on color and provider of color systems and leading technology for the selection and accurate communication of color across a variety of industries. The PANTONE® name is known worldwide as the standard language for color communication from designer to manufacturer to retailer to customer.
X-Rite Company Description X-Rite, an Operating Company of Danaher Corporation, is the global leader in color science and technology. X-Rite develops, manufactures, markets and supports innovative color solutions through measurement systems, software, color standards and services. X-Rite’s expertise in inspiring, selecting, measuring, formulating, communicating and matching color helps users get color right the first time and every time, which translates to better quality and reduced costs. X-Rite serves a range of industries, including printing, packaging, photography, graphic design, video, automotive, paints, plastics, textiles, dental and medical.
Pantone LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary or X-Rite Incorporated, a Danaher Company is hiring a Vice President of Marketing that will be responsible for directing all marketing functions for Pantone business worldwide to drive profitable and sustainable growth in support of strategic business plan. The VP of Marketing will play an integral role in growing Pantone brand awareness, increasing B2B and B2C market penetration for all product and service categories in all regions of the world. The VP of Marketing will report directly to the SVP & GM of Pantone and will manage 4-6 (direct and indirect) associates.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Work closely with General Manager in developing and executing the annual strategic plan, from the gathering of critical and relevant inputs (market and competitive analysis, key changes, voice of customer) to the synthesis into differentiated and defensible strategy that delivers value to target customers, including insightful market segmentation, positioning and targeting with clearly defined business priorities
2. Responsible for the Pantone brand, shaping and refining its definition and expanding its equity. Involve in all decisions were brand equity is in play, setting boundaries and guidelines for use and safeguard
3. Lead product management, (a) driving key decisions of the Pantone offering (products and services), including product development direction (refinement, derivatives and true innovations) based on an in-depth understanding of customer needs and competitive landscape; and (b) engaging with Saleschannels to drive successful launches and ongoing profitable sales growth.
4. Lead marketing communications, driving (a) brand awareness and primary demand creation (advertising, public relations, social media, search engine optimization, mass emails, trade shows, events and webinars, and telemarketing); and (b) creating and maintaining content and digital assets to use and leverage across all commercial functions.
5. In conjunction and coordination with Sales, (a) create and execute demand generation plans, directing marketing communication activities and campaigns to secure an agreed % of incremental revenue; and (b) create and implement CRM-based best practices/standard of lead-to-order process to create, assign, track and measure resulting qualified leads to opportunities to revenue.
6. Lead trade marketing, to drive dealer growth and support dealer network, based on (a) building and providing relevant assets and tools, (b) productizing and training winning commercial practices; and (c) in conjunction withSales, drive channel expansion supporting identification and on-boarding of new partners.
7. Own strategic pricing, by (a) leading the creation and execution of action plans to deliver 1.5% of annual price impact, based on price increases and discount management; and (b) defining and refining pricing for product and services, based on value proposition and competitive landscape
8. Drive adoption and implementation of effective daily management tools and standard work in all marketing functions and activities, leveraging DBS tools set and benchmarking best practices in Danaher and external companies.
1. 10+ years experience in senior marketing roles with B2B and B2C experience in setting with complex saleschannels (direct, distributors, eCom). Sales, Services and/or Brand Licensing experience a plus
2. Experience in product management, including product development of physical and digital products and services
3. Experience in process development, including productizing and disseminating best commercial practices
4. Proven expertise and success in traditional and non-traditional marketing communication elements (print and digital advertising, public relations, social media, search engine optimization, mass emails, trade shows, events and webinars, telemarketing, etc.)
5. Experience in creating and implementing demand generation processes and plans, with hard metrics to track activity and results
6. Experience building, nurturing and retaining productive and engaged teams, including direct reports, matrix-based adjacent associates, and external partners, in global settings
7. Comfortable and effective interacting with senior management, partners, customers and end-users, from small settings to large events, including public speaking
8. A proven track record of driving profitable revenue and market share growth, demonstrated over a sustained period of time.
9. Strong communication skills; sense of urgency; customer focused; adaptive to change; strategic and tactical; continuous improvement engine
10. Knowledge / experience with design market and color expertise, a plus
11. Experience in commercial and foundational DBS toolset a plus
12. MBA Graduate Degreepreferred, with relevant undergraduatedegree