Job ID: 117292
As a key member of the Interline Brands senior leadership team, this position will be responsible for designing and implementing the marketing and digital strategy for the business to maximize market share, sales and margin. Importantly, he or she will be charged with maintaining a highperformance ecommerce and marketing team and executing high impact marketing programs such that customer and prospect relationships, stickiness and relevance all improve, along with driving profitable sales.
This role will have responsibility for all dimensions of marketing, including web-based strategy and marketing for B2B lead generation, website functionality to support the unique needs of the business customer, customer segmentation, customer lifecycle management, direct marketing and catalog production. These activities also include sales team enablement and support.
This executive will also interface with merchandising and actively help identify and create new offerings and ways to further build and extend the business. Important in succeeding in this role is working collaboratively across other vital functions, such as merchandising and sales to ensure that all parties are driving the Company’s marketing strategies across all end markets.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 25%- Drive the overall marketing strategy and execution. This includes overseeing ongoing performance, developing and implementing strategic improvements to Interline s business and participating in the development of the Company s strategic plan. Manage a sizable marketing budget and strategic investments to maximize ROI.
- 25%- Lead a top-tier marketing organization dedicated to helping the company attain its growth and profitability goals. Develop a can-do, goal-oriented, entrepreneurial environment that stresses employee performance, teamwork, management credibility and success. Cultivate a high-performance team through coaching and feedback.
- 20%- Work with cross-functional leadership team within Interline & The Home Depot to help create a broader organization-wide understanding of the value & purpose of the B2B marketing organization. Put into place appropriate systems, analytical tools & metrics to drive efficiency and provide visibility into the marketing function.
- 10%- Maintain the existing Interline web platforms (multiple branded websites) to maximize company sales and profitability while helping shepherd the development of a new enterprise-wide B2B website in collaboration with the Outside Sales & Service and Home Depot.com teams. Manage eProcurement operations team supporting customers
- 10%- Manage the website operations of the new B2B website including: content strategy, personalization, category experience, and identifying key B2B functionality/customer needs across both Interline customers and Home Depot Pro customers using the B2B website. Own and improve the overall catalog process.
- 10%- Enable each end market (Institutional, Multifamily, Residential) to create a sustainable competitive advantage by developing more intimate and engaging customer relationships while avoiding brand drift. Ensure consistent execution of marketing programs and strategies for each of the company s key customer segments.
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to the Interline Brands CEO/Home Depot SVP.
This position has 6 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degreeprogram or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE: 15 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity tomove about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- A minimum of 15 years of increasingly responsible broad-based strategic and analytical ecommerce and marketing experience, ideally in a B-to-B environment.
- Complete marketing functional skill set across both offline and web-based marketing, withspecific experience in sales force enablement, customer relationship management, customer segmentation and data analysis, lead generation, content creation, website operations, websitecategory marketing, website testing and optimization, direct marketing, catalogs and trade advertising.
- Strong understanding of catalog business and the interplay with ecommerce.
- Proven success in working collaboratively across multifunctional teams. This executive must have the ability to set strategic priorities and have the insight and depth of knowledge tosupport the ideas in a broader forum.
- Team player who has effectively served as a member of a company s senior management team; a leader with excellent interpersonal and communications skills who has forged effective workingrelationships with the management team peers.
- Proactively helps others better understand the financial implications of their operations.
- An undergraduate degree in related disciplines such as marketing or business, coupled with an MBA would be ideal.
- Visionary and innovative marketer: The ideal candidate will have a proven track record developing, promoting and implementing differentiated online marketing, print marketing and CRM strategies that have brought a brand to life and resulted in significant and sustained profitable growth. With a well-developed marketing orientation, this executive has been demonstrating the capacity to develop breakthrough online marketing programs and site experiences, while also leveraging all forms of print and email communication to drive customer loyalty. This executive will have passion and enthusiasm for creating and executing a successful, holistic brand vision and end-to-end experience for the customer, from acquisition through site experience, including personalization, conversion and retention.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Proven collaborative leader and team builder: The successful candidate will bring exceptional smarts, superior team management and proven leadership capabilities. He/she will have previously built teams including attracting and developing a high- performing, engaged team, who have gone on to build records of success. Additionally, the executive should have a track record of unifying different functional and business line leaders around an overall vision for marketing growth. He/she will have demonstrated ability to think strategically and act as a thought partner with senior management.
- A strong leadership background is required, as well as a proven track record of exceptional performance in a similar senior digital marketing function.
- Mature, confident member of the senior management team, who contributes to the development of the big picture and organizational priorities.
- Forward-looking, proactive leader and aggressive within the context of the organization.
- Strength of convictions, a decisive independent thinker and at the same time, serve as an excellent team-player. Collaborative and comfortable in a team environment with an accessible personal style.
- Ability to frame and implement change.
- Superior intellect; analytical and detail-oriented; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably; described as intellectually sharp, capable and agile.
- Self-confident and emotionally intelligent.
- High energy, hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude.
- Strong sense of accountability and work ethic.
- Well-developed written and verbal communications skills.
- Impeccable personal and professional integrity.
- Effective negotiation and conflict management skills with ability to interact both internally and externally.