The VP, Marketing & Communications owns and provides leadership in the development and execution of innovative, performance-driven integrated marketing communications strategies to meet a variety of objectives (prospect recruitment, brand awareness, customer loyalty etc.). S/He will lead a team responsible for planning and executing day-to-day tactics and comprehensive, integrated campaign strategies across a variety of owned, earned, and paid channels.
S/He will leverage data, audience insights, and an expert understanding of marketing and communication channels and strategies to effectively deliver communications programs.
- Define a creative and persuasive messaging strategy to support our GTM approach in the SMB segment, including branding, advertising (TV, Radio, Print, Direct Response) and website messaging.
- Work closely with our LOBs to plan and execute marketing strategies
- Own the voice of the customer and lead segmentation and targeting
- Create a customer centric culture supported by customer insights
- Create customer loyalty campaigns to improve customer onboarding and retention
- Manage PR/Events
- Develop content for sales materials, websites, social media and campaigns
- Build and manage a team of marketing and communication professionals
- Direct agencies when needed.
- Manage the marketing budget with accountability for deliverables on budget/on time
- 10+ years of Marketing Leadership Experience; including team management across multiple marketing disciplines.
- Must have a proven track-record in both the Traditional (TV/Radio) and Digital Advertising/Media space. Loyalty Marketing experience is a PLUS.
- Prior experience in the Business to Business (B2B), SAAS, Payments, or Financial/Banking industry
- Prior Experience in Direct Response and Website Marketing.
- Strong understanding of a Digital Marketing Infrastructure
- Prior experience with Marketing Qualified Leads (MQL) and Sales Qualified Leads (SQL) Development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Psychology, or other related discipline. Masters Degree preferred.
- T-Shaped Leader and/or Hands-On Leadership style
- Superb Communication Skills; Written, Verbal, and Creative
- Must be a Self-Starter
- Must be Data and Research driven
- Must have a pragmatic and creative mind