The Vice President, Market Access and Reimbursement is responsible for developing a public and private payer environment that supports optimal access and reimbursement for the Company’s products. The VP oversees the heads of all functions related to Market Access and Reimbursement, including Health Policy, Reimbursement Operations, and the Reimbursement Hotline. This corporate office position reports the Chief Executive Officer.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Leads comprehensive market access strategies, including policy and reimbursement for Osiris products.
- Procures and maintains Medicare coverage across all LCDs.
- Executes Commercial / Private Payer Coverage Strategy.
- Designs and leads payer account management and reimbursement support operations.
- Partners with Medical Affairs to establish appropriate Health Outcomes strategies and tactics.
- Briefs Executive Management on relevant regulatory developments to inform corporate, commercial and product strategy including competitive entry impact and P&L implications.
- Builds and leads relationships with key stakeholder groups, industry trade associations, and patient and provider advocacy organizations to align interests and represent corporate positions.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on reimbursement and market access-related issues impacting the pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device industries.
- Solves complex client issues in a timely and appropriate manner with minimal management oversight and attention to resources.
- Provides high level oversight of the Reimbursement Hotline Center.
- Mentors and supervises directs reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in health policy or related subject.
- 11+ years of relevant experience, including the following:
- 3+ years of reimbursement-specific policy experience.
- 2 years of project team leadership experience.
- 5 years of management/supervisory experience.
- Excellent leadership/mentoring skills in developing staff.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid writing skills as a foundation for professional business communication.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.