- Leads manufacturing site(s) to achieve safety, quality, delivery, cost, and morale objectives. This includes implementation of meaningful metrics, routine review of performance against those metrics, formulation and management of corrective actions, and identification and standardization of best practices.
- Consistently establishes an efficient, and effective quality system that is compliant with the NuVasive’s Quality Manual.
- Builds and maintains a highly motivated team through clear and open communication, consistent and predictable policy enforcement, reliable support, and meaningful coaching and feedback.
- Develops talent base that effectively implements and manages high mix, low volume, and complex manufacturing processes as a core competency. Also ensures team is capable of high velocity process development and manufacturing transfer.
- Aggressively drives continuous improvement such that process variability is reliably reduced and process velocity is sustainably increased.
- Partners with key stakeholders in product development, supply chain, RA/QA, fulfillment, finance, and HR in developing, implementing, and executing corporate initiatives.
- Leverages S&OP process to proactively identify constraints to meeting customer demand or under-utilization of capacity. Formulates and implements corrective actions to mitigate impacts.
- Develops budgets and financial forecasts in line with targets and executes the day-to-day operation in line with those budgets and financial forecasts.
- Maintains a facility that is perpetually inspection and tour ready such that we are proud to show at a moment’s notices to regulatory agencies, customers, and patients.
- Reliably establishes freedom to operate through robust and consistent with quality, regulatory and safety requirements.
- Trends developments in manufacturing in order to identify emerging advances in manufacturing, emerging threats and risks to the operation. Maintains team that is capable to deploying advances in manufacturing as well as mitigating complex risks that the organization faces.
Requires a minimum of 18years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or operations management discipline.
Requires minimum of ten years of experience in a regulated (QSR, ISO 13485, and the MDD) high tolerance machining environment, preferably in the medical device industry. At least 7 years of this experience in a management position.
Experience should include broad involvement in and demonstrated knowledge of planning and managing the entire production process to include forecast and masterschedule review, machining, secondary processing, cleaning, assembly, shipping and quality control.
Demonstrated knowledge of basic accounting and financial practices in a manufacturing environment.
Experience in utilization of manufacturing management system in managing overall production process.
Proficient in utilization of word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), PowerPoint, flow charting, and graphs. Competency in navigating the Internet.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, company policy and procedure manuals. Ability to write business reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, employees, and management of organization.
Strong mathematical skills in the area of statistics, trigonometry, algebra and geometry. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages and applyfinancial tools as needed.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
*LI-WH1 NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.