The VP, Managed Accounts Consultant (VP) is primarily responsible for consulting with Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs) during the sales process to identify the most appropriate outsourced investment management solution. The VP will work closely with field sales representatives to fully understand the RIAs business model and current outsourcing strategy, and then be able to construct and present the most appropriate outsourcing solution available on the TDAI platform. The outsourcing solutions the VP will sell/consult on may include but not be limited to UMAs, TAMPs, SMAs, Third-Party Strategists, OCIO, and TD Model Market Center.
- Assist sales and relationship manager VPs business development efforts by analyzing the advisors current outsourcing strategy, and successfully communicating how that strategy is replicated at TD Ameritrade Inst.
- Speaking to wealth advisors to help them understand how best to outsource investment management at TD Ameritrade Institutional
- Consulting/Educating TD sales and relationship manager VPs to help them better navigate outsourcing conversations with their clients
- Coordinates and performs introductory platform demos of UMAX and the MMC
- Speak at workshops, conferences, and regional events, educating advisors on the benefits of outsourcing
- Serves as a TD subject matter expert in terms of outsourcing platforms for both investment managers and RIAs
- Understands the basic competitive landscape and has the ability to articulate the TD Ameritrade Institutional MAS value proposition
- Effectively analyzes situations, applying managed accounts knowledge of relevant products and services to resolve matters and refers advisors to appropriate TD contact
- Provide coaching to other institutional team members (e.g., Coordinator, Specialist, Sr. Specialist or an intern) when necessary
- Collaborate with tech consultants and other team members to assist VP in sales process
- 4 Year College Degree
- 5-10 years related experience
- 10-15 years total experience
- Needs at least 10 years of experience within the financial services industry
- Experience with investment management outsourcing solutions (separate accounts, unified managed accounts, TAMP platforms, and outsourced chief investment officer solutions
- Solid understanding of investment management landscape
- Absolute team player. Looking for a collaborative professional with a focus on winning for the org.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent organizational skills (oral and written) and the ability to excel at details, multi-tasking and working under pressure.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Salesforce,
- Needs to be able to demonstrate excellent teamwork skills and incorporate TDA's Core Values and Better Begins With Me philosophy.
- Understands RIA custodial landscape, Managed Account/Investment Management knowledge preferred
- Series 7 & 63 required
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed.