As a Vice President, Managing Consultant you will be responsible for developing new business, leading and managing mid-market group benefits client engagements and serving as strategic advisor to clients. The successful candidate will join an expert team that partners with clients to design, implement and manage their employee benefits programs. Strong presentation and client relationship building skills, financial aptitude, solid attention to detail and leadership ability are the key skills that a successful Managing Consultant should possess.
- Implementation and day-to-day administrative oversight of all employee benefit products, including medical, prescription, dental, vision, basic life insurance, supplemental life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability and voluntary/worksite benefit offerings
- Developing and maintaining multiple client relationships
- Negotiate and prepare renewal reports and other strategic reports to include making recommendations and identifying alternative approaches
- Lead clients through benefits analyses and other strategic planning processes
- Financial analysis
- Developing self-funded conventional equivalent rates
- Budget vs. actual tracking/reporting
- Claims and utilization analysis
- Preparing RFPs and analyzing results
- Analyzing self-funded medical and PBM proposals
- Administration/technology guidance and implementation support
- Compliance oversight and support
Book Growth & Financial Management:
- Responsible for client growth and profitability.
- Direct management of team and client expenses.
- Continually seek opportunities to cross sell services and products.
- Actively manage and approve team costs and expenses.
Employee Development & Team Leadership:
- Provide leadership, direction, mentoring and support to client teams and direct managers on an on-going basis.
- Delegate effectively to provide challenge as well as developmental opportunities to team members.
- Accurately identify the strengths and weaknesses of team members and offer opportunities to enhance their knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Continually provide updates and suggestions to training materials and conduct formal training to consultants at all levels when called upon by Senior Management.
- Ensure all team members are entering and maintaining accurate and timely client data in CRM (SalesForce) system
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Attention to detail and commitment to outstanding client service
- Interpersonal skills to work with multiple clients and carriers
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time
- Financial and analytical skills
- Project management, time management and organizational skills needed to successfully manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Computer skills; proficiency with Excel and Word
- Bachelor’s Degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance or a related field
- 10+ years of group benefits experience working with a book of business
Certificates and Licenses: