We have one opening that could either be at the Senior Director or Vice President level.Job Description
- Provide guidance and supervision of LIHTC Structuring staff.
- Serve as a senior leader on the EHCI team, contributing to the success of the business, driving process improvements, and making recommendations to improve business and communication processes.
- Determine Enterprise’s positions on tax and technical issues, ensure these are built into our policies, procedures, and processes and communicated effectively with Acquisitions and Asset Management
- Create and conduct regular training programs for acquisition staff and others within the Enterprise organization in order to share knowledge and to ensure standards are kept and deals structures are optimized.
- Evaluate deals prior to Secured status for material structural issues and coordinate and problem-solve with Credit and Acquisitions on structural issues that could impact an investment’s risk profile.
- Address technical issues that are raised by acquisitions staff and outside counsel. Proactively communicate with outside counsel regarding tax issues, trends and other LIHTC related topics.
- As a recognized leader in the LIHTC industry, participate in industry organizations that deal with technical tax aspects of the credit program. These may include the Affordable Housing Forum of the American Bar Association and/or the Novogradac LIHTC Working Group.
- Provide assistance to the Enterprise Policy team when advocating for changes in law or seeking other guidance on the technical aspects of the tax credit.
- Significant experience with Partnership Tax Accounting rules and the technical aspects of the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit. Person should be a CPA and/or an Attorney with at least 15 years of low-income housing tax credit and partnership experience.
- Strong financial and analytical skills as applied in a primarily Excel environment.
- Demonstrated senior leadership experience
- Strong relationship management and writing skills.