Welltok, the leading consumer health enterprise software-as-a-service company, empowers consumers to achieve and sustain their optimal health. Its award-winning CaféWell Health Optimization Platform connects consumers with available and relevant benefits, resources and rewards by designing personalized action plans. Additionally, the company's technology-enabled services leverage both advanced analytics to derive meaningful consumer insights and multi-channel communications to reach consumers through the right channel with the right message. Welltok drives greater consumer engagement and healthcare value for customers across the healthcare continuum including payers, employers, government programs (Medicare and Medicaid) and health systems.
Welltok is actively recruiting for the position of Vice President, Legal Services to lead Welltok's Legal Operations Group from its Denver office located in LoDo. This group is responsible for legal, contractual and regulatory compliance support to all levels of the organization. Specifically, the group drafts and negotiates all customer, vendor, partner, employee and othercontracts (including master services agreements, statements of work, strategic alliance and partnership agreements, business associate addenda, service level terms, teaming agreements and othercontracts). Candidates must have graduated from an accredited law school, have at least 4 years of experience as an attorney (a combination of in-house and law firm experience is preferred) and have strong skills and experience drafting and negotiating contracts in the healthcaretechnology industry. The position will report to the SVP, Chief Administrative Officer/General Counsel and involve regular interaction with sales representatives and various levels of the company’s leadership and senior management teams, as well as attorneys representing Welltok’s customers, partners and vendors. The position also will manage and be supported by the company’s in-house attorney, contract manager and staff personnel.
- Leading the Legal Operations Group and its provision of a broad range of legal and compliance services with a focus on drafting and negotiating SaaS and related services agreements;
- Developing/enhancing corporate contracting processes;
- Advising the company on industry-specific regulations and ensuring that appropriate risk management strategies are in place;
- Developing Welltok’s policies on specific issues, corporate governance and regulatory affairs;
- Managing and motivating the company’s in-house attorney, contract manager and staff personnel; and
- Occasional travel will be required.
- Lawdegree from an accredited law school;
- At least 4 years of legal experience as a law firm and/or in-house attorney;
- Transactional experience with a focus on drafting and negotiating SaaS and services agreements;
- Experience managing and motivating skilled professionals;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly team-oriented environment;
- Excellent business judgment and ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to work effectively with internal team members and external client personnel; and
- Healthcare industry experience is preferred.