MRA is the TotalHR™ solutions firm serving 4,000 employers throughout the Midwest. As we like to say – You have humans. We have resources™.
We are seeking a corporate learning visionary to help us realize an attainable (yet aggressive) growth goal to take MRA’s most popular member service and grow it to match today’s learning preferences and consumerism.
This is You
- You are growth-oriented. You run up the escalator and as an evangelist for MRA, you will welcome the opportunity to genuinely tell our story to customers – whether they are “in the trenches” or the C-Suite.
- You are a transformer and not afraid of change. Your leadership inspires others to try and try again. People say you have a unique ability to bring everyone along for the ride (seatbelts buckled of course) and communicate effectively within all levels of the organization.
- You are a visionary with the ability to see problems from different angles – whether grass roots or strategic. Your solution-oriented approach is never over-engineered or cumbersome.
- You are an admired leader. Direct reports say you are fair and transparent. Your chameleon-like ability to work with personalities from A to Z is inclusive and people always feel respected even if the decision may not be favorable.
This is Us
- We are the trusted experts and over 4,000 employers count on us. They have big problems to solve and retaining/growing talent is their number one concern. Our OD & training solutions help them to succeed. Our members rely on us to continue to develop people for where the world is going vs. where the world has been.
- We offer over 1,000 training courses annually via scheduled classroom training and customized corporate universities. With our expansion into e-learning and webinars, we recognize opportunities to transform and keep pace with the modern ways that employees learn.
- We have a great story to tell as one of the most trusted and admired L&D organizations in the Midwest. Our members are raving fans of MRA, but we have been too quiet. With the right story-teller and visionary, we are targeting 35% growth within 18months.
- We teach people every day how to be great leaders, inspire change, and communicate effectively. Our content is practical and hands-on so attendees are accountable for what they learn.
The person in this role will be a member of our senior leadership team reporting into the President & CEO of MRA. In this challenging role, you will manage all activities related to operations of the Institute of Management including: sales, marketing, training, and course content.
- 50% of time – Sales/Public Speaking/Thought Leadership. As a thought leader, you will be engaged with our member relations (sales) team to meet with members and consult on their L&D needs. You will also serve as a thought leader to present at special events (internal and external) on trends and solutions in L&D space.
- 25% of time – Strategy development to support member needs/growth targets. Your role as the senior team leader for MRA is to build and execute the strategy to accomplish our organizational goals.
- 25% of time – Manage a team of 22+ professionals across 4 states with ultimate responsibility for all staff within the Institute of Management (up to 40 people). You can’t do epic things with basic people and we have great people! Our organization is flat and your ability to effectively lead and manage a large team will be critical to your success.
This role requires 30% travel (some overnights).
- 10+ years of combined experience in management, leadership, Training & Development, or Organizational Development
- Previous sales experience
- Minimum of 5 years in a supervisory role
- Experience planning and maintaining a departmental budget
- Superior verbal communication skills including ability to effectively explain issues, express opinions, ask questions, actively listen, and consider alternative ideas
- Related 4-year college degree
- MBA or Master’s degreepreferred