Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, this position will lead several teams inclusive of but not limited to the Enterprise Applications, Fulfillment Systems, IT Service Desk, and all aspects of Day to Day IT operations. The team's day to day activities include short and long-term planning, implementing an integrated portfolio of secure, reliable, innovative and modern software solutions to support institutional business processes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
This position will be responsible for enterprise-wide coordination and strategic planning for administrative business applications, as well as for development, maintenance, and production support of centrally operated mission-critical systems. This position maintains responsibility for the enterprise-wide applications portfolio. Working with the CIO and their peers, s/he will provide leadership and vision for enterprise compute infrastructure, business systems, develop the business case for investing in them, maintain responsive and accountable services, and manage a budget model that draws on operating funds, recharge revenue, and capital funding to promote sustainable long-term excellence.
In identifying opportunities and needs, in prioritizing and designing projects, and in leading system implementations, this position will collaborate with VP-level leaders of and senior staff within the enterprise that perform their business operations on behalf of the portfolio of Brands of 1800flowers.com.
As a senior member of the IT leadership group, this position will contribute to the development of best practices and in leading specific aspects of IT governance as well as to other cross-cutting initiatives within IT that involve improving performance, better internal and external communications, and developing strategies and services across all application and systems management.
An undergraduate degree, ideally in computer science, required; a graduate degree in a technical or relevant functional discipline (finance, business, etc.) preferred.
- Minimum 15 years' experience with enterprise-scale systems including developing large-scale application systems utilizing a variety of database technologies and hardware platforms required; ERP implementation and support experience strongly preferred particularly financial systems.
- Experience planning and implementing large-scale IT projects and meaningful experience.
- Experience managing or overseeing projects to implement enterprise-level business applications for a large (5,000-plus FTE) enterprise as well as experience operating those applications required.
- Experience with external IT data centers and a complex 24/7 operation required.
- Experience managing a hybrid computing environment (on premise and Cloud) of virtual servers, tiered storage, and mainframe computing required.
- Operations experience, including capacity planning and forecasting, risk management, incident response and recovery, and business continuity, required.
- Experience designing, implementing and supporting shared services initiatives in an enterprise- wide environment preferred.
- Cyber Security, SOX Compliance, PCI and Data Privacy (GDPR) are preferred.