Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
11 - 15 years
Posted 114 days ago
The VP of Infrastructure Architecture is accountable for proactively and holistically leading or supporting enterprise infrastructure related strategies and activities that create deliverables, guiding the direction and development for technological responses to disruptive forces and driving targeted business outcomes. Technologies in scope include data center, infrastructure, network, cloud, mobile and Internet of Things (IoT) based technologies.
The focus of this role:
Scope of Activities
• Work with EA peers (e.g., enterprise, business, information and application architects) to analyze enterprise business context (business strategy and trends), as well as change requirements in other enterprise architecture viewpoints (such as business, information and solution) to derive the technology architecture future state.
• Define the enterprise Cloud strategy
• Define high-level migration plans
• Lead the analysis of the current technology environment
• Coach, mentor and collaborate with technical subject matter experts and EA peers to develop technology architecture and solutions
• Participate with the EA VP leaders in developing and implementing the governance model, provide design assurance and develop enterprise infrastructure standards, while ensuring enterprise technology architecture compliance.
• Work with the Information Security teams to develop infrastructure strategies
• Oversee, and develop solution architectures for infrastructure technology implementation
• Oversee and facilitate the research, evaluation, and selection of hardware and software technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations.
• Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures and culture) and financial impact of the enterprise technology architecture changes / evolution.
• Document necessary enterprise technology architecture design and analysis work, possibly including project and major operational / production incident postmortem documentation and metric collection.
• Define metrics to measure and demonstrate enterprise value of the investments made in infrastructure assets.
• Lead and manage a team of technical architects, while also virtually leveraging subject matter experts from any other needed technical area.
Experience, Education and Training
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience. Master’s degree in related field preferred
• Minimum of ten years of design, architecture and implementation experience in IT, with a deep knowledge in a minimum of two of the following technical disciplines: infrastructure and network design, application development, application programming interfaces (APIs), middleware, servers and storage, database management, and operations
• Hands-on experience and proven success in migrating to the public cloud
• Ability to define a comprehensive enterprise Cloud strategy; become the evangelist for the strategy and promote / realize it’s benefits for the organization
• Develop and manage multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies and processing environments
• Understanding and knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies (such as waterfall, spiral, agile software development, rapid prototyping, incremental, synchronize and stabilize, and DevOps)
• Understanding and knowledge of IT service management (ITSM) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
• Knowledge and understanding of different modeling languages (such as UML and ArchiMate)
• Demonstrated ability to work well with others and be respected as a leader