Our Fortune 500 company is driving a digital transformation and looking for forward-thinking innovators to disrupt how our industry thinks about and uses technology. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers, we help millions of people gain affordable access to benefits that help them protect their families, their finances and their futures.
Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any company — not just insurers.
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
Unum is changing, and we're excited about what's next. Join us.
Individuals in this role provide leadership and guidance to multiple agile and/or infrastructure and operations teams that support various business and technical capabilities, services, or functional areas of IT. They focus on implementation and delivery aspects, by leveraging technology or technical capabilities to enable, enhance or transform business capabilities or services. They are instrumental in the implementation of the portfolio roadmap and ongoing portfolio management activity, taking into consideration technical, financial and people resources for successful execution and delivery. They develop and cultivate both IT and business partner relationships and effectively communicate and execute IT plans in support of the IT or business goals and objectives.
• Salesforce at Unum is utilized by over 2,000 internal users across the full Customer lifecycle with growing external user base of Clients and Brokers. Salesforce is our CRM platform with significant integrations into both our legacy and other cloud-based applications. The platform is at the core to our digital strategy with bold delivery goals to better enable our sales force with capabilities and analytics to drive growth, create a Broker experience that fits their digital needs and provide a legendary digital experience for our Clients.
8-10 years experience working within a Salesforce development environment, including 5+ years as a technical lead.
- Salesforce Certifications
- Salesforce Certified Administrator, Salesforce, Certified Platform Developer I, Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II (or previously issued Salesforce Certified Force.com Advanced Developer),
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree
- MBA or masters degree preferred
- Proven leadership in executing IT plans successfully that enable technical or business capabilities and address technology or business priorities.
- Strong understanding of Agile/Lean/Service Management leadership principles.
- Exhibits courage by taking smart risks and encouraging others to do so; empowers innovative approaches by motivating others to be proactive and resourceful.
- Proven and demonstrated knowledge and skills in one or more functions, technologies or industries.
- Able to apply broad business and technology understanding of internal and external trends and capabilities, to ensure successful implementation of IT plans.
- Able to communicate a compelling vision and need for change that generates excitement, enthusiasm and commitment to the process.
- Demonstrates a capacity for strategic and critical thinking.
- Interacts with others, internally and externally, in a way that gives them confidence in their intentions and those of the organization.
- Demonstrates depth of IT knowledge with a diverse technical experience; is seen as execution and delivery focused.
- Strong knowledge of applicable security and privacy practices and regulations.
- Knows how to make and sustain a business case through effective benefits management and demonstrates the ability to make and take responsibility for, adventurous and innovative decisions on major technical and service delivery issues.
- Has strong planning, communication and presentation skills, and the capability to listen and influence.
- previously issued Salesforce Certified Force.com Advanced Developer), Salesforce Certified Service Cloud Consultant, and Salesforce Certified
- Platform App Builder certification.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- A techno-functional leader, responsible for leading and planning the overall design and scope of the Salesforce application environment and architecture across the enterprise.
- Sales console - service console - managed applications - on-prem and cloud integrations - lightning component custom development
- Build, lead and govern the Salesforce CoE including adoption across multiple organizations, subsidiaries and digital channels.
- Practical hands on experience in design, development and delivery of Salesforce application that will be rolled out to the users across multiple organizations, subsidiaries and digital channels.
- Lead teams of developers, architects and business analysts working on Software as a Sales and Service solution
- Other key accountability as part of our technology landscape, but not limited to: Heavily integrated – multiple connected applications – APIs – data feeds, Management of architecture and data quality advancements, Heavy focus on health monitoring and minimizing technical debt.
- Expansion leveraging AI/ Bigdata processes to refine process efficiency that directs into CRM and Sales processes; lead scoring, propensity to buy, etc.,
- Leads functional areas of IT to build, enhance, transform, or support technology and/or business services by successfully delivering on outcomes.
- Engages in strategic planning with business and IT stakeholders to provide direction, guidance or recommendations on technology and architectural considerations.
- Defines a portfolio of change and roadmap for Salesforce . Engages and influences IT and business leaders to ensure the portfolio will deliver agreed business objectives.
- Collaborates with IT leadership across various disciplines, provides guidance, direction/recommendations to address a wide range of Salesforce business and technology needs with emphasis on optimized, timely and successful delivery.
- In collaboration with the IT VP, initiates and influences relationships with and between key stakeholders involved in the management and implementation of IT plans, acts as a point of contact for stakeholders, planners, designers, and operational business partners.
- Applies innovative methods utilizing IT assets and capabilities in alignment with the organization's strategic direction and tactical plans.
- Highly proficient in applying knowledge of IT's technology framework(s), technical environment, and cross-organizational IT functions in technical choices for a variety of large, strategic efforts.
- In partnership with practice leaders, drives application of the company's technical and architectural roadmap objectives.
- Leverages deep understanding of IT, emerging technologies, and technical capabilities to guide and influence stakeholders and teams in developing solutions, build, deployment, testing and ongoing management of IT services.
- Ensures capability deliveries are aligned across business functions and within multiple agile and/or operational teams for execution and delivery success.
- In support of the management team, takes bold action to ensure a strong, diverse talent and leadership pipeline is in place to meet aggressive business goals. Develops, coaches and engages people to higher levels of performance.
- Understands the needs of a self-organizing team (cross-functioning, partners with the business, collaborative, works quickly and unencumbered, be empowered and autonomous, be able to focus on self-improvement) and supports the management activities that make self-organization successful.
- For Infrastructure teams, oversees the development and execution of test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance. Reports on findings and makes recommendations for improvement.
- For Agile teams, ensures that the scrum team(s) apply the best software engineering practices including, but not limited to: test driven development, peer reviews, continuous integration and deployment practices, unit and regression test automation, comprehensive approach to addressing NFR, adherence to standards, comprehensive 'definition of done,' team retrospectives, etc.
- Understands patterns and trends that contribute to utilizing key performance indicators and critical success factors that will improve the performance of the organization.
- Develops influential relationships with internal and external partners and vendors at the senior management level, including industry leaders.
Capabilities Currently Leveraged:
- Sales Cloud
- Service Cloud
- Marketing Cloud
- Various Salesforce Apps such as Sumo, Vlocity, Mindtickel