Provide strategic counsel to the CEO, CFO and other Executive Team members in managing the Company’s investor relations activities. Lead communication activities to positively impact analysts, investors and other key stakeholders. Serve as company spokesperson to respond to investor community inquiries. Support the CEO, CFO and General Counsel in planning key messaging and coordinating SEC compliance.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Collaborates with the CEO and CFO in developing and implementing the Company’s investor relations strategy, ensuring that the company’s business strategy and progress is understood by the analyst and investor community. Coordinates with senior executives in the planning, practice and execution of earnings calls, associated press releases, analyst meetings, investorevents, etc. Collaborates with Finance, Legal, IR team and other subject matter experts to craft and obtain review of scripting, Q&A and specific responses to inquiries.
- Assesses the mix of the investor base and creates an annual plan to target and attract long-term investors, to expand and maintain key investors’ ownership positions, and to keep the financial community current on company performance, growth strategies, and industry issues.
- Acts as a key liaison with investors in promoting the viability of Lantheus as an investment with the role of educating and persuading interested parties regarding LNTH financial performance, industry trends, and business model. Develops and maintains an appropriate rapport with industry analysts and investors. Responds effectively to external inquiries. Develops and presents compelling presentations on the Company. Proactively manages expectations with the investment community such that there is no mismatch between LNTH’s business performance expectations and investor expectations.
- Builds an in-depth understanding of LNTH operations, financials, businesses, accounting, and key metrics. Creates a working example of the models used by sell side analysts to predict company performance. This will be used to inform quarterly earnings reports, prepare for Q&A, and provide proactive insight into potential issue.
- Maintains strong company and sector expertise; stays current on all company and related industry activity in order to be responsive to investors and media, and to communicate effectively with management. Maintains competitive analysis, including the development of industry and peer company performance benchmarks. Continuously measures and updates this information and uses it to provide a relative performance framework for the investment community
- Collaborates with Business Development to represent the views of current and potential investors in terms of value drivers for consideration in corporate strategy development (e.g., business risk factors, growth drivers, pipeline assessment, and potential acquisitions).
- Provides leadership to effectively and efficiently align staff and resources to ensure key initiatives. Oversees full range of performance management and training needs of staff to foster the growth of the team in support of long-term corporate strategies. Provides feedback and coaching to enhance performance.
- Facilitates the development of communication skills for members of management that will have direct investor or analyst contact. Provides writers and presenters with feedback and coaching to continually improve their skills sets in delivering compelling and engaging messages that are concise and accurate.
- Manages the work of Investor Relations agencies. Ensures the accuracy, timeliness, budgets and overall quality of externally produced communications.
- Maintains current knowledge of Company activities which may require external disclosure or response. Ensures external communications are conducted in compliance with the full range of related internal and external systems, technology, regulatory requirements and related policies and procedures.
- Actively promotes safety rules and awareness. Demonstrates good safety practices at all times including the appropriate use of protective equipment. Reports and takes initiative to correct safety & environmental hazards.
- Actively demonstrates the Lantheus values of accountability, quality, efficiency, customer service, collaboration and safety.
- BA/BS required, and Masters’ Degree preferred, with 20+ years of progressive financial and fiscal management leadership experience with direct experience in investor relations, or equivalent.
- Strong investor relations presence (e.g., deliver compelling presentations, effectively manage investor calls, equity road shows, investor conferences or other significant transactional experience)
- Advanced communication skills including writing and scripting—a clear, articulate, communicator; knowledge and skills in wide variety of medial forms.
- Must possess a high level of initiative; excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to interact with senior management levels and work in a fast-paced environment; high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines; proven ability to accurately write articles/press releases on business topics.
- Demonstrated analytical skills; comfortable with financial and scientific/medical technical information; a quick learner, able to absorb technical & scientific information and demonstrate the ability to translate key topics for a wide variety of audiences; understands how to read and interpret financial statements.
- Self-starter, comfortable seeking support across the company and from peers in key areas that support the investor relations function.
- Working knowledge of Reg FD, standard public relations and media relations protocols and practices.
- Non-Routine overnight travel based on business need.