- Lead Viacom’s centralized employment investigations team including managing approach, systems, protocols, and reporting.
- Lead internal investigations, in consultation with Legal, Compliance and/or other internal partners as applicable.
- Document and communicate results of investigations to relevant stakeholders.
- Prioritize and manage multiple investigations simultaneously.
- Collaborate and build relationships with internal stakeholders such as HR Business Partners, Legal, and Compliance.
- Handle investigations and Employee issues in a way that confirms and enhances Viacom’s culture of respect and trust.
- Identify and report on trends and recommendations for systemic improvements and preventative measures (e.g. training).
- Handle investigations and employee relations issues at the highest levels of the company, including C-suite.
- Manage the Director of Investigations (a West Coast-based role).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in investigating employee relations matters.
- JD with a focus on investigating employment matters preferred.
- Exceptional communication, including effective listening, and excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to express thoughts in a clear and concise manner while demonstrating tact and discretion in the most sensitive situations.
- Experience collecting and synthesizing data sets and information from disparate sources.
- Ability to independently drive multiple investigations to resolution and handle a large workload.
- Ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders inside the company.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication and leadership skills.
- Unrivaled attention to detail and consistent delivery of the highest quality of work.
- Skilled at effectively managing and prioritizing escalations or business critical situations.
- Experience as a people manager strongly preferred.