Our client is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. The Bank can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career ? a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Tax Department currently has a career opportunity in New York City for a Tax Vice President in the International Tax Compliance, Planning and Provision Group
The Bank?s Tax Department is searching for a Tax Vice President who will be responsible for managing the International consolidated income tax provision process. The role will involve extensive communication with the Firms global tax representatives and controllers to advise on income tax accounting matters and to ensure the accurate recording and reporting of international related information for SEC reporting and other regulatory filings. The role will also include some U.S tax compliance for non-US entities and the analysis of effective tax rate impact of foreign earnings, and US international tax planning.
Management and enhancement of international tax provision data gathering and reporting process
- Quarterly in depth review of legal entity non-US tax provisions and Current and Deferred tax balances maintained in tax provision software
- Review of legal entity attributes including Tax Credits, NOL and related Valuation Allowance analysis
- Review of uncertain tax positions under FIN 48
- Analyze income tax accounting impact of transactions
- Reconciliation of income tax accounts and deferred tax balances
- Coordinate Sarbanes-Oxley internal control documentation requirements
- Review and prepare Forms 5471, 8865 and 8858 in relation to non-US subsidiaries and activities
- Bachelor?s degree in accounting; Masters in taxation and CPApreferred
- 7-10 years of hands-on experience in ASC 740 Accounting for Income Tax and international tax compliance
- Financial services background preferred
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Superior work ethic with high level of accountability
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel