The VP of International Accreditation, Quality Improvement, and Patient Safety is responsible for developing and leading the overall strategic direction of the international accreditation and certification programs, providing direction for the development and interpretation of international standards, and in increasing JCIA market share, profitability, and customer satisfaction. Directs and manages all strategic and operational activities associated with international accreditation and certification programs. A key member of the JCR Officer Group and Management Team and serves as a member of the Enterprise Officer Group.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and executes both short- and long-term plans for the International Accreditation product line to expand and/or focus the portfolio of products for long-term growth and sustainability.
- Provides oversight and direction in the periodic update of all international standards, the creation of new international standards, and the use of external and internal committees and councils that contribute to the creation and maintenance of international standards.
- Responsible for leading efforts to enhance and improve the international accreditation process. This includes incorporating new approaches and technology advances to ensure the relevance of our product and improve the value to the customer.
- Provides oversight and technical knowledge for all the international accreditation and certification programs, including the development of position papers and reports for the JCR Board. Drafts position papers, memoranda and reports for the JCR Board and its various committees in the development of accreditation operational policies.
- Leads, inspires, coaches, and develops direct reports and creates an environment that engages all staff.
- Responsible for overall JCIA operations, which includes planning and directing the allocation of resources, meeting annual revenue and expense targets, and ensuring effective operation of all functions in the division.
- Collaborates with experts and key leaders across the TJC enterprise toleverage clinical and operations expertise in the development of standards, patient quality & safety, and best practices in accreditation.
- Understands healthcare technology trends and risks; identifies opportunitiesto enhance products and services through innovative technology enhancements.
- Identifies and pursues growth opportunities, new business, partnerships and collaborations that support JCR's mission and strategies. Monitors key healthcare trends to identify potential new accreditation products and new markets.
- Collaborates with the JCI international offices to ensure a consistent and appropriate flow of information and support. This typically relates torelationships with Ministries of Health and national accreditation agencies.
- Provides ongoing management and support for the JCI China Accreditation WFOE. Assures that the WFOE is operating in accordance with JCI expectations and local Chinese law and regulation.
- Board Certified Physician (MD)
- Leadership experience in a large healthcare organization, demonstrating an understanding of the continuum of healthcare and the contemporary models of quality improvement and patient safety.
- Ten or more years in a senior healthcare leadership role with demonstrated experiences in strategic planning, organizational structure, and leading a team.
- Five or more years of demonstrated expertise in the development and interpretation of national and/or international health care quality standards and performance measures.
- Knowledge of healthcare technology trends, opportunities, and risks with experience integrating technology to advance operations and improve patient safety and quality.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and collaboration skills; proven skills as an effective team player who can build credibility and confidence within and outside the company; must have outstanding executive presence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as cross-cultural sensitivity
- Experience leading and motivating a remote staff.
- Strong business development skills.
- International experience preferred.
- Approximately 30% travel.