Vice President, Internal Audit
11 - 15 years experience • Internet Services
Vice President, Internal Audit
Reston, VA, USSecaucus, NJ, US
Overview: The position requires a proven background in internal audit, including information technology, financial and operational controls, ideally in a technology company. He or she will have exceptional business leadership skills, and be able to demonstrate superior business acumen.
1. Develop and execute a risk-based operational audit plan, including tracking of audit findings through to remediation.
2. Facilitate external audits including Service Organization Controls (SOC) reviews and actively project-manage the remediation of external audit findings.
3. Aggregate and publish compliance reference materials and facilitate answers to front-line customer questions. Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 Compliance
4. Administer the Companys Section 404 compliance efforts, including control definition, self-assessment and testing.
5. Coordinate testing plans and results with external auditors.
6. The Vice President of Internal Audit, will bring best in class thinking to the Internal Audit function relative to risk assessment, audit process development, utilization of automated audit tools, and the development of the function, and will be expected to:
- Monitors and reports on the risk profile of the Company
- Develops, documents, implements and executes a risk-based audit plans that clearly define the objective and scope of each review, employing critical thinking and appropriate testing methodologies.
- Manages the independent appraisal of controls over financial integrity, operational effectiveness, IT controls for security, privacy and high availability, and compliance with laws and policies.
- Drive the preparation of presentations to management at the conclusion of each audit.
-Writes comprehensive, yet easy to understand, auditreports.
- Directs follow up and appraise implementation of corrective actions.
-Manages and grows a talented team of professionals, utilizing outside experts, as necessary.
- Partners with the Legal and Department on the investigation of Whistleblower complaints and other matters.
- Partners with executive management on the development of a company-wide Enterprise Risk Management program.
Qualifications/Experience: BA/BS plus 10+ years of experience. MBA is a plus CPA or equivalent experience, with previous Internal Audit and operational finance Superior leadership skills Excellent project management and communication skills, as well as a sense of urgency and drive to help the Company manage its risks and opportunities and passion to develop an internal audit practice that is second to none. Familiarity with major business processes.
Strong technical internal audit skills, including IT audit skills and knowledge of SOX 404 and financial institution control requirements. Ability to interact comfortably with senior/executive level management and board members. Ability to work in dynamic, fast paced, fast growing company where adaptability is imperative. Solid understanding and hands on experience with SOX, including the ability to consider the relationship of the regulatory requirements and the organization; ability to apply the appropriate principles to business. Successful track record in driving both strategic and operational activities. Demonstrated ability to contribute to plan formulation as well as execution.
Demonstrated skills in supervising, coaching staff and creating high performing teams. Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to articulate verbally and written, willingness to appropriately debate difficult issues; ability to think quickly and present to an audience. Self-motivated, innovative, and ability to initiate and lead change. Highest professional standards and personal and professional integrity