Summary of This Role
Manages the execution of projects and very large integrations in accordance with the organization's project management methodology. Develops, prioritizes and submits project plans, budgets and methodologies across a range of key projects. Defines project resources, performance reviews and post implementation evaluations. Takes ownership of the successful implementation of a set of projects. Manages the work of project managers. Advises on the most complex or critical projects; monitors progress and performance against the project plan; identifies and resolves operational problems and minimizes delays. Evaluates and authorizes changes that significantly impact the scope, budget, or timeline of a project. Responsible for strategically thinking of better way to manage large programs and the tools used for reporting and management of the integrations.
- Leads teams of project management professionals that lead and direct planning, execution, controlling, reporting and communication of complex and unique projects across an array of functional activities. Monitors activities to ensure successful project delivery to clients (internal and external) and project portfolio is within the annual budgeted plan. Sets department priorities, communicates progress and ensures ongoing alignment to the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Overseas and may evaluate the execution of projects with a span of influence that typically requires working within multiple business segments and/or across corporate shared service resources. Ensures project completion within agreed timelines, scope, effort, and quality. May monitor and report project risks that can lead to missed service levels to senior leadership and other stakeholders. Solves complex problems that deviate from established procedures, in coordination with other department heads.
- Oversees the support of multiple client relationships from a project perspective and ensures constructive communication is delivered through reporting and / or meetings. Leverages senior relationships in resolving critical issues. Participates in internal / external forums / meetings to enhance services, build relationships and improve processes. Span of influence that typically require collaborating and working across the enterprise and client / partner organizations.
- Champions continuous process improvement related to a wide range of business services, methodology and project processes to reduce cost, improve quality and service levels for the clients (internal and external). Leads project management leaders to ensure standards and priorities are aligned for project portfolio management. May define scope of process change, trains on and resolves issues related to process improvement.
- Establishes the governance framework and reporting for project delivery and business needs. Ensures activities are compliant with governance. Serves as authority on project management leading practices within the organization. Selects, approves, and/or recommends project management tools. Establishes best practice guidelines and instructions for implementing project management tools. May guide and recommend training for project teams as they learn and adopt project management best practices in their projects.
- Not an exhaustive list; other duties as assigned
- 8+ years of experience in the payments or merchant services industry is required
- Relevant Experience and Degree in a related field of study from an accredited university is also required
- Typically a minimum of 12+ years of professional experience
- Bachelor's Degree is required, Master's Degree in a related field of study from an accredited university is preferred
- Strong Leadership skills
- Excellent Communication skills needed