Leads Commercial Insights & Analytics function - the center of excellence for strategic and tactical guidance, providing knowledge and actionable insights to drive objective, evidence-based decision making. The department consists of three business unit-aligned insights & analytics teams including Advanced Analytics and Patient Support Programs. Designs and leads the company’s short-term and long-term commercial planning cycles. The position works closely with key stakeholders across the Executive Team, sales and marketing leadership, finance and others to ensure plans are aligned, continuously updated, prioritized and properly funded. Works closely with the Senior Vice President (SVP), Finance &Operations to ensure effective representation of Novo Nordisk Inc. (NNI) brand performance information at key meetings.
Reports directly to the SVP, Finance & Operations. Reporting into this position are the Diabetes Insights & Analytics leads, Associate Director Obesity Insights & Analytics, Director Biopharm Insights & Analytics, Sr. Director Advanced Analytics, and Director, Patient Support Programs. Serves as key advisor to the Executive Team on a routine basis, as well as the commercial leadership teams and all levels of the business, both locally and globally, in regard to insight development & consumption. External relationships include interaction with various vendors and consultants based on the needs of special projects or implementation of new programs.
- Serves as an advisor to the SVP, Finance & Operations designing the process and ensuring that the development of the company’s strategic and commercial plans are based on market based, properly vetted situation analysis and aligned across the organization
- Collaborates with NNI senior leadership and Global Marketing to continuously improve insight development and delivery, resource allocation approaches and planning processes while aligning with Global Marketing expectations
- The BU-Insights & Analytics teams are responsible for generating, integrating & translating insights & analytics into growth opportunities that shape decisions and drive organizational action. These teams empowers evidenced-based decision making based on holistic insights, and strategic and tactical guidance to all levels of marketing, market access, field, and respective key business partners (i.e. Medical, Public Affairs), via custom primary market research and secondary data analytics
- Internal relationships include close interactions with marketing, sales, market access strategy, extended Brand teams (EBT), as well as global insights and analytics teams and other Commercial Effectiveness (CE) functions. Ensures close coordination and collaboration with Sales Training, Finance/Forecasting/Pricing & Contracts Operations & Reimbursement (PCOR) and Commercial Effectiveness sub-teams. External relationships include interactions with professional research partners, secondary data vendors and consultants
- Ensures appropriate implementation and management of Novo Nordisk Patient Support Programs including: patient access, affordability, initiation and fulfillment support
- Serves as a strategic partner to Senior and Executive Management regarding patient support. Supports Novo Nordisk Patient Support Program policy alignment and initiatives to ensure an appropriate, operationally efficient and compliant execution of all Patient Support Programs
- Responsible for building NNI capabilities in advanced analytics including but not limited to big data, data science and Artificial Intelligence (AI). As a Center of Excellence this function will utilize current and new data sources advancing the company vision to proactive predictive analytics, opportunities identification, assessment of pilot projects and identification of future competencies and capabilities to enable future organizational decisions
20-30% overnight travel required.
Development of People
Supervisory. Ensure that reporting personnel have 3P forms with annual goals and measurements that are consistent with the priorities of the business, and that interim reviews are held so that their work is focused on those priorities, and they understand their level of accountability for results and the measurement process. Ensure that the IDP forms include completed learning and aspiration plans and are in place for all reporting personnel to enable the achievement of goals and capability to assume increased levels of responsibility. Manage the application and communication of all Novo Nordisk policies, procedures, and Novo Nordisk Way.
- A Bachelor’s degree is require. An advanced (MBA or scientific) degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- Ability to work with senior management and serve as an active participant of the senior leadership team
- At least 15 years progressive business analysis and services experience within the Pharmaceutical industry
- International marketing/commercial effectiveness experience strongly preferred
- Experience with management of outside vendors and marketing research methods preferred
- Prior leadership experiencerequired – Ability to lead, motivate, inspire and manage large teams (40+); Proven ability to hold people accountable for results
- Proven track record of driving performance & achieving results
- Strategic planning & insights experiencerequired
- Strong knowledge of Pharmaceutical Market Research Information sources
- Demonstrated experience with competitive intelligence and patient support programs
- Proven leadership and strong stakeholder management experience
Requisition ID: 58728BR