The Information Technology organization at Oaktree is seeking a Workday Platform Lead to work in partnership with Human Resources, Corporate Accounting, Corporate Finance and Accounts Payable for the firm’s Workday enterprise needs.
- Lead a team of 8-12; prioritize tasks for the team and manage workload; provide technical guidance; review work and manage SDLC process for the team.
- Driving direction and creating a roadmap to strategically maximize the use of Workday at Oaktree.
- Own integrations between Workday and internal GL/Legal Billing/Allocation systems; external bank and OCR systems
- Manage the discovery, implementation and deployment phases of multiple projects simultaneously across the Finance and HR Workday landscape; track to and communicate timeline objectives to senior leadership.
- Research, communicate and lead testing of Workday upgrades twice a year across all of the modules (HCM, Finance, AP, etc.) of Workday
- Manage PROD support queue daily; effectively diagnose and communicate root cause and resolution to business users on a timely basis
- Partner with internal business leaders to understand current processes; diagnose technical and procedural pain points, and recommend creative solutions to maximize efficiency and ensure utilization of Workday platform capabilities;
- Use expertise and prior knowledge to recommend best practice resolutions for the organization’s needs;
- Find alternative solutions for challenges unique to Oaktree where necessary, using resources such as Workday Community;
- Be a subject matter expert and point of contact for both internal and external partners;
- Serve as liaison to business stakeholders, IT, and third party vendors on an ongoing basis; supporting the prioritization of business and enterprise needs and managing expectations.
- 3-5 years of in-depth Workday Financials and Human Resources experience required. Must have experience with business process configuration, security administration, reporting, and integrations. Expenses, Payroll & Benefits, Learning & Recruiting SKU experience needed.
- Prior management of a team and working with stakeholders across multiple departments.
- Proven ability to manage tasks with competing priorities and deadlines, independently determining order of priority and self-initiating other value-added tasks;
- Experience with MS Office tools XLS, Project, Access, PPT, and Visio required.
- Project Management/Delivery Leadership and Business Analysis experience is preferred
The successful candidate should demonstrate strengths in:
- Relationship Building; works effectively with strong, diverse teams of people with multiple perspectives, talents, and backgrounds. He or she is known for doing what is best irrespective of politics and is comfortable with consensus building (at multiple levels) and soliciting constructive feedback; ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of participants including upper management, other departments, and 3rd party service providers.
- Communication; strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills; ability to present complex material.
- Independence & Collaboration; experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; must be able to drive work effectively with limited supervision (at times) while representing department and executive management interests and concerns.
- Work Ethic; focus on continual development, performance, accountability and self-motivation.
- Flexibility & Organization; adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities; proven ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time across competing activities/resources; able to effectively prioritize, execute tasks, and thrive in a high-pressure fast paced environment.
- Intellectual Curiosity; energized by learning new things and engaging across a wide range of issues; must have strong problem solving skills; adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Driving Results; sets aggressive timelines and objectives to drive results, conveys a sense of urgency, and drives issues to closure; is a self-starter committed to achieving results and has a strong sense of ownership and follow-through.
- Judgment; makes recommendations and decisions that balance a variety of factors (e.g. cost, risk, short-term vs. long-term impact) and are supported by a sound fact base to achieve an optimal outcome. Goes back to core values and key objectives when making decisions/recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree required.