eXp Realty is one of the fastest growing real estate brands in North America, with thousands of agents operating across the United States, Canada and around the world. As a full-service real estate brokerage, eXp Realty provides 24/7 access to collaborative tools, training and socialization for real estate brokers and agents through its 3-D, fully-immersive, cloud office environment.
eXp Realty attracts the most talented people from all fields. Whether you're a real estate professional, engineer, marketer, accountant or another field, you'll be challenged and inspired every day. Join us on this incredible journey!
We are fully remote!
eXp Realty is a publicly traded real estate brokerage with operations in the US and in foreign countries around the world. We provide brokerage and related services for a large network of over 65,000 residential and commercial real estate agents, doing business in more than 18 countries. Both our geographic footprint and our agent network is expanding very rapidly. We work fully remote from anywhere in the world utilizing our unique 3D virtual reality office campus provided by our own company, Virbela. eXp Realty operates fully in the cloud, including all computing operations.
The VP of Information technology oversees the overall daily operations of the Information Technology department for our large global real estate brokerage. Provides strategic direction and oversight in the areas of cloud computing Infrastructure, information systems and data security, devops, production operations for software applications, technology procurement and provisioning, vendor management, and Help Desk Services for staff and our agents.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with other key executives in the assessment of staff and agent needs and opportunities to increase sales and profits.
- Creates the IT Strategic Plan, road map and objectives for the IT team in support of the organizational strategy and priorities. Illustrate project return on investment.
- Provide leadership that helps shape general business strategy and is in-tune with best practices related to information technology with particular focus on real estate and financial applications.
- Lead a cohesive team of driven IT team members to give internal and external customers an efficient, secure, and engaging digital experience.
- Ensure data integrity and security for all company IT assets and intellectual property, including network, cloud computing infrastructure, communication systems, data repositories, and end-point computing for our fully remote global workforce.
- Oversee the implementation and monitoring of threat detection systems, and actively resolves current and emerging cybersecurity threats
- Lead changes and enhancements to technology related business processes, policies, and IT systems
- Evaluate the enterprise infrastructure portfolio and propose consolidation of systems with redundant capabilities or migration to more efficient technologies.
- Investigate, evaluate and advocate new technology solutions and systems that improve the agent and staff experience, operations and profitability of the brokerage.
- Coordinate with our internal audit team to ensure ongoing SOX compliance and to refine our controls.
- Lead PCI compliance, cyber security, disaster recovery and infrastructure strategy
- Control the IT expense budget and maintain cost-effective IT capabilities
- Implement monitoring controls with third party vendors
- Coordinate IT team and third party vendors to ensure services are delivered.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- 15 plus years experience in IT with 5 plus years in leadership roles.
- Experience leading multiple remote teams. Experience establishing and managing technical and support teams in foreign geographies with employees or outsourced staff to provide service to countries around the globe.
- Familiar leading a global infrastructure, data storage solutions, large data environments and security
- Excellent management, leadership, organizational, interpersonal, communication and customer service skills with active-listening skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management
- Proven track record of success in driving operational excellence, including coordinating and driving issues to resolution autonomously utilizing excellent judgment skills
- Highly proficient in contract negotiations, contract maintenance, and vendor management.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced growing company.
- Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field
- Experience in the development and delivery of large-scale distributed systems in an enterprise environment.
- Experience in designing and implementing computing infrastructure and IT operations in geographies all over the world.
- Experience leading a 24x7x365 IT operation providing computing services to staff and agents around the globe.
- Experience managing production operations using Mendix low-code applications and cloud computing services is a plus.
eXp Realty is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability or any other characteristic protected by law.