We are an industry leading payment technology provider for small– to medium-size businesses. Formed in 1990, First American Payment Systems is ranked as a top privately-owned merchant service provider in the United States. Our Family of Companies includes Certified Payments, Eliot Management Group, GoEmerchant, Govolution, and iATS.
If you are a driven IT executive with a desire to take your career to the next level, we want to talk to you!
First American Payment Systems (FAPS) is seeking a Vice President - Infomation Security and Compliance who will direct, oversee, and manage the Security function within the IT group.
- Plan and oversee enterprise security architecture under the direction of the Chief Information Officer where appropriate
- Create enterprise security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures)
- Decision and direct enterprise Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan
- Manage the maintenance of up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors
- Select and acquire additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security as per the enterprise’s existing procurement processes
- Direct the deployment, integration and initial configuration of all new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures generically and the enterprise’s security documents specifically
- Manage the day-to-day monitoring of all security solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures generically and the enterprise’s security documents specifically
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through enterprise workstations, servers and other systems and in databases and other data repositories
- Ensure the enforcement of enterprise security documents
- Supervise all investigations into problematic activity and provide on-going communication with executive management
- Supervise the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits including PCI, SOC1 and various partner questionnaires and audits
- Oversee regular security awareness training for all employees to ensure consistently high levels of compliance with enterprise security documents.
- Engage in ongoing communications with peers in the Systems and Networking groups as well as the various business groups to ensure enterprise wide understanding of security goals, to solicit feedback and to foster co-operation
- Interacts regularly with Senior Executive Team and Management to ensure that company’s operational priorities are aligned with total company direction
- Continually investigates and introduces process improvement measures and present suggestions
- Presents and carries out departmental budget
- Directs the documenting of all procedures in assigned department
- Working technical knowledge of firewalls, application layer firewalls, database firewalls, routers, switches, IDS/IPS, and log and event monitoring.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, and other protocols.
- Strong understanding of proxies, content filtering, AV solutions, vulnerability management, and patching.
- Familiarity with risk mitigation and incident response and handling.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into IT security issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- Negligible travel required.
- University degree in the field of computer science, business information systems, information security or business administration.
- Master’s or PhD. degree in one these fields preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience within an IT department.