Vice President, Inclusion & Business Execution
About the position
At Prudential, we believe we have a moral and business imperative to move beyond “valuing diversity” to fostering a truly inclusive culture. Prudential was founded on a belief that everyone should have the opportunity to be financially secure. We have built our reputation and our business on a dedication to expanding financial wellness to working families, customers and communities of all backgrounds, and guiding the industry on issues of social responsibility and inclusive economic growth. We will deepen this commitment to our employees and customers by making inclusion a key component of our culture, talent and execution.
We are seeking a Vice President, Business Execution to help lead Prudential’s Diversity & Inclusion Center of Expertise and serve as a consultative strategist for our business divisions and corporate centers. You will work closely with business leaders, Human Resources Partners, and experienced professionals in our Organizational Effectiveness and Talent Management teams to set, implement, and track progress against specific goals relating to Prudential’s culture, people and business performance. You will be responsible for promoting the business case for inclusion and integrating inclusive best practices into Prudential’s day to day practices: guiding the “Execution” area of focus of the Inclusion program and as a subject matter expert across client groups.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Diversity, Inclusion and Impact and preferably based in Newark, New Jersey you will have the following responsibilities:
- You will partner with business leaders and corporate groups, including Corporate Social Responsibility and Multicultural Marketing, to implement, pilot and/or replicate specific strategies to strengthen inclusion and enable people and business performance
- You will lead development, communication, reporting and progress tracking for Accountability Letters from division and business leaders in support of business- and group-specific diversity and inclusion goals
- You will partner across the company to understand business priorities, develop action plans and disseminate best practices for inclusive approaches and market strategies
- You will translate external research on the business case for diversity and inclusion to Prudential’s businesses, initiatives and strategic goals
- You will create and manage an ongoing, enterprise-wide inventory of current, past and future initiatives that demonstrate(d) inclusive business practices and diverse market strategies; you will track status, scope and impact of these initiatives and develop case studies to share and replicate findings
- You will lead the creation of a Diversity Scorecard framework to measure progress against the company’s diversity and inclusion goals
- You will champion inclusion throughout the company and cultivate engagement/accountability with stakeholders and partners
- You will have a deep knowledge of and experience in one or more of the following areas: diversity & inclusion; organizational effectiveness; business transformation & innovation; collaboration & team effectiveness; managerial effectiveness; and/or change management.
- Bachelor's degree; MBA or other relevant Master's degreepreferred
- Minimum 10 years corporate professional experience; strategy, consulting and/or project management experience desirable
- Experience working cross-functionally and strengthening relationship at all levels of the organization and across multiple locations
Impact without formal authority
Earn credibility and create buy-in among leaders, managers and employees
Demonstrated ability to quickly understand and translate strategy into practical solutions
Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
Willing and able to facilitate and initiate candid, productive conversations on a variety of topics including race, gender, sexual orientation, ability and identity
Positive, self-starter able to work without significant oversight or day to day direction
Flexible and innovative in a productive, growth-oriented and time-critical environment
Ability to travel up to 25% of the time