The Vice President, Human Resources is the most senior HR business partner. Reporting directing to the President and CEO, the Vice President Human Resources advises the senior leadership team on HR strategy and provides HR generalist expertise for the New York City office (Digital and Advertising Sales teams) and for Canadian offices in Montreal and Toronto. The Vice President Human Resources manages the HR Generalists located in White Plains and Milwaukee and the Talent Acquisition Manager. The Vice President Human Resources works closely with the Vice President Compensation and Benefits toprovide overall Human Resources services to the organization. This position will interface consistently and regularly with senior management to provide coaching and strategic advice and talent management. This role is a member of the senior staff team who is capable of working closely with site leaders to identify gaps, make strategic recommendations, and influence leadership decisions. The incumbent will acquire a strong knowledge of the business operations of the various functional groups through regular attendance of business group staff/project meetings, and will be capable of anticipating needs, addressing issues, and recommending solutions to ensure business success.
REPORTS TO: President and Chief Executive Officer, Trusted Media Brands, Inc.
DEPARTMENT: Trusted Media Brands, Inc. Human Resources
- As part of senior team, is responsible for understanding business needs in order to provide coaching on organizational issues.
- Lead the HR generalist and talent acquisition teams in the translation of strategic and tactical business initiatives and issues into HR strategies and plans. Oversees the implementation of the HR Generalist agenda across businesses, ensuring high- quality and consistent delivery.
- Consult CEO and senior leaders with reorganizations and talent upgrades as required.
- Provides HR generalist support for Trusted Media Brands, Inc. employees including coaching, performance management, recruiting, separations and organizational design.
- Works closely with Vice President Compensation & Benefits for developing sales compensation plans for Digital and Ad Sales groups in conjunction withCorporate Finance, Chief Digital Officer and Chief Revenue Officer.
- Makes recommendations to departments on workforce planning to further drive organizational efficiencies.
- Responsible for all regular and contract recruiting.
- Responsible for managing HR Generalist budget.
- Works with all levels of management on performance issues.
- Provides coaching, expertise and tools to managers and staff to resolve employee relations issues.
- Recommend and participate in the development of communication strategies to ensure effective messaging.
- Responsible for on-boarding new employees and ensuring success of integration.
- Provides counseling to staff and management on employee relations and development issues. Manages Company-wide performance process.
- Provides periodic on-site and cross-site human resources-related training.
- Influences managers as needed to make changes in talent, organizational structure or processes and provides coaching in execution of change plans.
- Works on special projects as assigned.
- Working with Vice President Compensation & Benefits, provides site reporting to senior management as requested.
- Ensures that Company HR practices are in compliance with state laws as well as other applicable federal and local laws and regulations.
- Minimum 10 years’ progressively responsible human resources management experience required, including experience in Human Resources strategy, employee relations, recruiting, training and performance management.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in both digital and print organizations.
- BA/BS in business or related field.
- Ability to recruit, motivate, manage and retain top talent in a highly competitive market.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to use MS office applications proficiently.
Requisition ID : 1446