Vice President, Human Resources
Management / Supervisory
ProMedica -> ProMedica System -> Executive Payroll -> Executive Payroll (9000)
Toledo, OH 43606 US (Primary)
ProMedica is a locally owned, nonprofit healthcare organization serving northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. Driven by our Mission to improve your health and well-being, we offer a full range of diagnostic, medical and surgical specialties in areas such as emergency medicine and trauma, heart and vascular, oncology, orthopedics, neurology, and women’s and children’s services. Today, ProMedica – a committed team of dedicated experts, passionate volunteers and inspired advocates – is recognized nationally for the consistent, high-level care that we provide our communities.
Basic Purpose: The Vice President of Human Resources serves as a thought leader and business partner to ensure that the business team has the right talent, capabilities and culture to successfully execute our strategies and plans. The individual in this role must be a steward of ProMedica by setting the standards of excellence, maintaining the integrity of the Company, and building capabilities to ensure the Company’s long-term viability and success.
As a member of the business leadership team, this role aligns key business and people strategies, practices and processes toensure a productive environment that delivers top diverse talent at the right time, and with the right capabilities, to drive business results. As member of the HR Leadership team (HRLT), and in partnership with the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO), this role assists in the creation and execution of ProMedica’s enterprise HR and People Strategies and practices.
- Lead and support achieving the annual business plan across the business.
- Serves as a high contributing member of the business leadership team.
- Creates, aligns, and integrates people strategies, practices, and processes to drive successful execution of business strategies to deliver sustained profitable growth.
- Play a visible and active role on the leadership team setting and executing the business strategy.
- Partners with the integration team to ensure the effective integration of acquired companies into the core business to achieve planned synergies.
- Lead year over year improvement in succession for executive and other critical roles.
- Ensures the company is constantly acquiring, growing, and developing an outstanding talent pipeline that meets and reflects the changing needs of our customers and our growing footprint.
- Knowledgeable about the top leaders and critical talent in the businesses.
- Accelerate exceptional leadership and performance through proactive executive coaching, leadership and talent assessment, effective leadership development, organization effectiveness, and performance management strategies.
- Highly visible in the business, a well-known face of talent management and team member engagement throughout business.
- Select, develop and lead a high performing, talented HR team to embed the required capabilities and culture throughout the organization.
- Drive higher levels of team member engagement, reduced variation in the team member experience, and improved cost structure for the business and the HR function by integrating and implementing “from-to” culture work and growth and productivity work.
- Develop the skills and capabilities of the function so every HR team member engages and shows up as a business leader who embeds our talent management processes in their areas of accountability.
- Creates focus across the business HR team and broader HR function on continuously improving the internal and external customer experience. and removing waste.
- Attracts, develops, and retains exceptional diverse HR talent.
- Proven results leading high functioning teams while building and executing upon a strategy
- 10+ years of professional and leadership experience, including HR Generalist / Business Partner planning and execution in various roles with increasing responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, Master’s degree preferred
- Progressive HR generalist leadership with a large field-basedworkforce (union and nonunion a plus) and corporate experience
- Experience leading initiatives through periods of significant change (growth, restructuring, acquisition)
- Led or facilitated large organizational change(s)
- Strong HR functional experience in the following key disciplines: performance management, succession planning, leadership development, talent acquisition, positive employee relations/ union avoidance, unionization, and M&A due diligence and integration
- Has both operational HR experience gained from field-oriented generalist positions, as well as significant corporate staff exposure
- Led in a shared services/Center of Excellence HR model
- Proven record of attracting & developing a strong team of HR business partners
- Proven track record of leveraging data and analytics to leadand HR team with a continuous improvement and productivity mindset
- Leadership role requiring creation and execution of a business and/or people strategy