Industry: Medical Devices & Diagnostics•
11 - 15 years
Posted 381 days agoby James Benedict
Vice President Human Resources
Nexcore Technology & Phase 2 Medical Introduction
Nexcore Technology (the “Company”) is a full-service outsourced manufacturer of Class I, II and III electro-mechanical capital equipment to the medical device industry. Located in Waldwick, New Jersey and founded in 1999, the Company has a strong track record of growth and an outstanding reputation with its customers based upon its leading technical capabilities, high quality standards, on-time performance and customer service. The Company’s capabilities cover the complete spectrum of the medical device manufacturing product life cycle, from conceptual design and engineering through to manufacturing and after-market service and support. Nexcore Technology serves a variety of leading medical device original equipment manufacturers (“OEMs”) with a portfolio of innovative medical devices, and it enjoys high retention rates and revenue visibility over multiple years. With its full suite of design and manufacturing capabilities and focus on all aspects of customer service, the Company positions itself not just as a supplier but as a true value-added partner to its OEM customers.
In July, Nexcore acquired Phase 2 Medical Device Manufacturing, Inc. (“Phase 2”), a manufacturer of a wide variety of Class I, II and III single-use instruments and disposable medical devices. The combination of Nexcore and Phase 2 will provide customers a full suite of services across a comprehensive range including concept, feasibility, design, development, manufacturing and after-market services. Additionally, the Phase 2 acquisition diversifies the customer base, provides access to a new market segment, and expands the geographic presence.
The medical device outsourcing industry is poised for solid growth in the coming years. The Company is expected to benefit from both an increased worldwide demand for medical devices and a continued shift in manufacturing and support services toward third-party contract providers. Medical device OEMs are increasing their use of outsourcing as they search for ways to lower costs while improving product design and development processes, production efficiencies and time to market.
Kidd & Company, LLC (“KCO”) made a control investment in Nexcore Technology in January 2015. KCO is a principal investment firm that takes a unique approach. The investment model is based on an intensive research process to design businesses that transform their industry segments combined with the hands-on involvement required to successfully execute those strategies. KCO’s ability to build highly successful businesses has enabled the firm to generate world-class investment returns.
Vice President Human Resources Position Profile
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
The VP of HR of Human Resources provides HR Business Partner support to their client base. The job requires the ability to forge strong business relationships with management at various levels and in various functions. The VP of HR will provide strategic and tactical support of the overall health of the business, reporting directly to the CEO. The VP of HR is responsible for employee relations, executive and management training and coaching, compensation analysis, workforce planning, on-boarding program, active participation in M&A, recruiting, HR systems, and training support of overall strategic goals and objectives of the Company with a focus on maintaining company culture and core values.
Essential Functions of Position:
Partner & Liaison
Communication, Training & Special Projects
Required Education & Experience
Essential Core Competencies
· Ability to grow companies by providing strategic, tactical, and operational HR solutions.
· Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and change.
· Ability to work independently, to show initiative, and to make decisions.
· Ability to influence Sr. Managers; accept and deal effectively with local complexities.
· Ability to provide positive and corrective feedback to others at all organizational levels; ability to take corrective action if needed.
· Work effectively with other team members to solve problems and implement solutions.
· Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Demonstrated action-oriented attitude.
· Ability to multitask and effective time management skills.
· Build partnerships at all levels and implement successful programs to support corporate development.
· Drive effective delivery of HR programs
Top Reasons to Work with Us
· Private-equity backed growth company with distinct vision and financial resources to execute.
· Small, flexible and nimble team-based group with progressive environment.
· An opportunity to have real impact to pro-actively build the business and assume greater responsibilities.
· Culture built on meritocracy and recognition for a job well done.
Compensation and Benefits
· A competitive compensation package consisting of base salary, performance bonus, stock options, and healthcare, vacation and holiday benefits will be offered to the successful candidate.
· Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S., be fluent in English and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Greater Boston-Area or Greater Rochester/Portsmouth New Hampshire Area