Turn 5 is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerceretailers in the Greater Philadelphia area. Best known for our award-winning e-commerce platforms, AmericanMuscle.com, ExtremeTerrain.com and AmericanTrucks.com, we’ve been engaging car enthusiasts with exceptional products, services, and experiences since 2004.
Our purpose, however, extends beyond selling car parts. We have a commitment to creating meaningful customer experiences at every step of their journey. Whether it’s supplying a unique product that customizes the look and feel of their ride, providing thousands of educational videos for the DIYer or leveraging user generated content to inspire even the most experienced owner, we are obsessed with ensuring we reach as many like-minded gearheads across the globe.
To continue our growth path, we need a VP of Human Resources to own, manage and drive our employee and candidateexperience. In this leadership role, you will be tasked to partner with our business leaders to drive operational excellence through strong people programs which develop and retain our current team and create channels that enable us to continue to attract and recruit top talent. We are currently over 400 people strong, in multiple geographic locations, and we aren’t done yet!
You will be challenged to work both strategically and tactically across all people operations. One minute you might be coaching a business leader on how to handle a team performance issue, the next minute consulting with the CEO on the overall talent strategy and the next minute advising a member of the HR team on a process matter. Regardless of the task, it’s critical you have strong situational awareness and EQ as you’ll work with diverse stakeholders across the organization.
Year 1 is going to be about:
- Conceptualizing and leading the overall talent strategy across the entire employee lifecycle (attract, recruit, retain)
- Partnering with executive leaders to drive organizational growth and development through strong career paths and critical skill building
- Creating and deploying an enterprise wide leadership development program
- Driving value through HRpartnerships across the organization that support efficiency, process improvements and optimizing our talent
- Developing the HR team to bring best practices and innovative programs to the company
- Managing the people, processes and technology that drive our HR and Talent Acquisition teams
We can’t skip over some of the specific skills and experience we know are a “must” to be successful. So, we need you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s in Business or Human Resources preferred
- 10-12 years in progressive HR leadership roles including focused time in talent acquisition and at least 8-10 years managing others.
- Demonstrated experience coaching and leading up, down, and across an enterprise
- Ability to lead large scale transformational projects that change behaviors and increase efficiency
- Excellent organizational, time management, communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize the workload of a team and meet deadlines