Join a fast pace, progressive HR function that plays a critical role in supporting a growing $1 billion-dollar medical device company. NuVasive is looking for a strategic Human Resources Leader who prides themselves on building strong business partner relationships and leading a dynamic HR team. As a trusted advisor, you are passionate about aligning HR programs, policies and processes with business objectives across the client organizations.
Your days will offer new challenges and a variety of tasks, including:
- Serves as a consultant to CEO staff members and senior leadership on Human Resource related issues and works closely with business leaders to solve complex organizational challenges through people-related solutions
- Provide guidance and input on organizational structure, workforce planning and succession planning. Assesses and anticipates HR-related needs within the client organizations
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with management to develop solutions, programs and policies. Communicate needs proactively within HR department and business management in order to develop integrated solutions
- Formulate partnerships across the HR function (primarily with the HR Centers of Expertise) to deliver value added service to leadership and shareowners that reflect the business objectives of the organization
- Maintain an in-depth level of business literacy about the organization's financial position, its mid-range plans, its culture and its competition
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues, providing day to day performance management guidance. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations. Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Maintain current knowledge of related compliance and legal rules and regulations, fulfills compliance and reporting requirements. Monitor potential changes in regulations that could impact programs and designs modification scenarios to ensure continued compliance and measure anticipate potential cost impacts
- Provide guidance, supervision and development of direct reports
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Ten years of broad-based human resources experience.
- Bachelor's degree required in HR or a business related field
- Strong understanding of and demonstrated skill in Human Resource Management, leadership, change management, and communications.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and ability to build effective and collaborative business relationships
- Ability to solve and interpret complex problems, collect and analyze complicated data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Exceptional organization and follow through
- Proficient and accurate with word processing (Word), intermediate Excel experience with charting, graphs and large data sets. Experience working with HRIS systems required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, company policy and procedure manuals. Ability to write business reports and correspondence. Ability to speak and influence groups of customers, employees and management of organization.
- Experience supporting large commercial and/or market facing organizations
- Strategic thinker comfortable giving consultative advice to senior leaders
- Master's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or other related degree
- Demonstrated ability to successfully drive initiatives in a matrix environment and work at all levels of the organization
- Prior experience and exposure to leading cross functional teams