The company is a national leader in providing omnichanneldistribution solutions at the point of entry and into the domestic supply chain. The company specializes in end-to-end national logistics services, extensive value added warehousing services and integrated omnichannel fulfillment. The company seeks to dynamically expand its e-commerce operations as a part of this omnichannel strategy.
Their team of seasoned industry professionals bring decades of collective knowledge and experience to the design and implementation of efficient, cost-effective supply chain solutions. Key to their success has been a foundational commitment to putting products on the shelf or a customer?s doorstep on time, and configured to meet the customer?s exact specifications.
The company is a privately-held, founder led business backed by a private equity firm with a long history of long-term value creation and stewardship.
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President of Human Resources will lead all HR initiatives, strategic and tactical, in the areas of staffing, individual and team performance, talent management, compensation and benefits, HR administration, employee relations, organizational design, people analytics and work environment in support of the overall business objectives.
The VP of Human Resources will participate as a key member of the senior leadership team and will play an integral role in developing and executing the overall strategic plan of the business. He/she optimizes company performance through creating and managing people related programs that ensure the company reaches its financial and other objectives on an annual and long term basis. Additionally, the VP of HR will serve as a role model in support our operators and act as a resource to empower each of our operators to be successful.
- Responsible for ensuring the organization?s human resources initiatives and programs support the organization?s strategy and growth plans. First 18months will be focused on organizational effectiveness, HR service delivery and talent acquisition.
- Evaluate and optimize HR structure, processes and systems. Develop/enhance the appropriate HR practices & policies to support the businesses and meet compliance requirements.
- Build, develop and lead a team of HR professionals to ensure excellent support to the business.
- In partnership with the SVP Operations, develop a cost-effective flexible workforcestaffing model that meets or exceeds cost, safety, quality, training and retention targets.
- In collaboration with the senior leadership team, develop HR and labor related KPI?s to support operational excellence.
- Evaluate the organizations? learning and development needs for new associateorientation, employee development, manager onboarding, front line supervisor training and leadership development opportunities. Implement appropriate programs and monitor progress.
- Manage the work environment making sure effective processes around internal communication, employee engagement, legal and compliance, and employee relations.
- Understand aspects of the company culture that enable our success. Put in place plans to reinforce and strengthen the culture as the company grows. Identify places where our culture can be improved and introduce ways to shape it.
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Creates annual operating budget for the Human Resources function and ensures operations are conducted throughout each year within those constraints.
- Develops a performance management approach and compensation philosophy and plan designed to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance.
- Oversees relationships with employee benefit providers and ensures employee benefits are compliant with applicable laws and appropriate for the business.
The Vice President of HR will have broad HR domain knowledge and be well-rounded in multiple functional areas within HR with a strong business and operational focus. He/she must have demonstrated success partnering with leadership across the business to develop, implement and manage people programs that drive solutions to problems and opportunities within the business.
- An undergraduatedegree in business, human resource management or other applicable curriculum is required. 12+ years? functional HRexperience including 5+ years? leading a team of HR professionals.
- Experience in a highly contingent and flexible workforce model is required.
- Strong recruiting background including vendor selection and management for regular, full-time and temporaryassociates; managing recruiting costs and metrics; ATS systems and reporting.
- A reputation for building, developing and leading a respected and business-oriented HR team.
- Proven ability to leverage HRIS data to track KPIs for senior management?s visibility and decision making.
- An individual with the highest principles, ethics and integrity; beyond reproach; passionate with a high degree of energy and sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- A proven strategic bent with an equally strong operational focus and a track record of driving company performance through people, programs and processes.
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to connect with others in genuine and meaningful ways.
- Ability to influence, yet open-minded to creative and new approaches to solve problems.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information to senior management, employees and/or Boards? of Directors.
- A self-reliant achiever with ability to work independently as well as lead a team.
- Must have relevant working knowledge of federal and state labor and employment laws.