SCOPE OF POSITION:
Privately held, multi-site manufacturer with an extensive manufacturing footprint, located in north central, IN ( South Bend/Mishawka/Elkhart) is currently seeking a Vice President, Human Resources who is driven, self-motivated, collaborative with an entrepreneurial spirit that is a resourceful, culture & capability builder, forward thinking and committed.
The Vice President of Human Resources is responsible for the overall management and direction of the human resources function and ensures that HR is a trusted partner who creates value across all divisions. VP, HR will collaborate closely with business leaders to provide strategic planning, direction and support; coaching acts a key liaison on all strategic HR initiatives, programs, and processes.
This role also leads change, growth, transformation, and focuses on overall organizational effectiveness with strong people skills, business acumen, strategic insight and in-depth experience in Human Resources for fast growing manufacturing organization. This role will focus on cultivating and promoting our culture internally and externally, with a strong focus on recruiting and retention strategies, as well as helping to shape our vision with our existing and prospective team members. Our VP of Human Resources need to have a strong executive presence and be comfortable working within a fast-paced transformative environment.
- Actively participate in the business’ strategic planning and proactively support the business direction through integrated human resource programs and initiatives. Develop and implement human resource policies, procedures and programs to meet organizational needs and comply with state, federal and / or country laws.
- Provides direction and leadership in the management of human resource strategies, initiatives, systems, programs, and practices. Responsible for all mandatory reporting, compliance activities, and community relations. Provides guidance and counsel to BU staff and business leaders and managers regarding Safety and Human Resource practices, policy interpretation, problem resolution, and compliance with company philosophy and practice and state and federal regulations.
- Serve as an architect in designing recruiting and retention programs, along with organizational development initiatives in a multi-site manufacturing company
- Responsible and ultimately accountable for the overall daily HR operations maintaining superior service levels in recruitment, orientation, retention, performance management, succession planning, compensation, benefits, employee relations, communication, legal compliance, health and safety, environmental, and training and development.
- Serves as a central contact and support to HR functions at each site as well as plant and facility management. Serves as the HR representative to Corporate office. As a company senior generalist, function as the catalyst of the HR Group to provide insights and supports ‘optimal business’ decision making, both with C-suite executive and front-line associates.
- Support managers and supervisors in carrying out their HR responsibilities. Participate in termination decisions and implementation. Manage the exit process including interviews. Responsible for resolving difficult / complex employee relations situations. Administer corporate policies. Work with legal counsel as necessary to support decisions and strategies. Ensure each site’s compliance with Corporate practices and guidelines as well as governmental and regulatory agency requirements.
- Develops and leads corporate level Succession Planning and performance management efforts.
Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Business, Labor Relations. Master’s degree and advanced HR certification preferred with at least 15 years of progressive HR management background. Experience in a manufacturing organization, multi-site company leading and mentoring a professional staff.
- Experience with a payrolling systems, vendors, ATS systems and implementation.
- Above average skill set with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Must have superior interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to build relationships across the organization at all levels.
- Strong financial acumen (ie, costing, budgeting, and analytically minded)
- Able to travel 20% of the time.