The Vice President, Hospitality Accounting is responsible for preparing, analyzing, and reporting the financial and operating results of portfolio companies and stand-alone investments, including the preparation of the following: consolidated GAAP financial statements, cash flow forecasts, lender reporting and draw packages, monthly reporting package to senior management, supporting schedules to general ledger accounts, variance analysis for income statement accounts, and annual audited financial statements.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the monthly, quarterly and year-end preparation of consolidated GAAP financial statements.
- Prepares timely review of monthly financial statements for a portfolio of hospitality properties, event venues and related entities including corporate consolidations and reporting of ownership entities.
- Oversees the preparation of financial packages sent to senior management, lenders and JV partners as necessary.
- Oversees the preparation of the annual audited financial statements, including footnote disclosures and supporting schedules.
- Management of debt, construction and other financing and capital transactions.
- Monitoring of hotel, event operations cash flow and operating forecasts of assigned entities.
- Creation of annual budgets and monthly variance analysis for assigned properties and their related entities.
- Review and approval of monthly bank reconciliations and G/L reconciliations for assigned hotel properties and corporate entities
- Supervision of Regional Controllers and support staff in hospitality accounting department.
- Review, approval and processing of disbursements.
- Assistance in the establishment, documentation and maintenance of Standard Accounting Policies and Procedures and internal controls for our hospitality finance and accounting operations.
- Involvement with insurance and property tax administration of assigned properties.
- Successful completion of internal and external financial audits, including coordination of work with internal and external audit firms.
- Preparation of any special reports, statements, etc., as requested
- Other special projects and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor degree accounting.
- CPA preferred, but not required.
- Ten plus years of hospitality related accounting and financial management experience at both the property level and corporate supervisory level.
- Hotel management company experience preferred.
- A team player who has the ability to multi-task and is self-directed.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- Must be deadline focused, organized and exhibit problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, work with little supervision and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment; must be able to effectively manage both ambiguity and aggressive timelines for projects.
- Ability to interact and work collaboratively with business units, executives and staff.
- Proficient with financial analytical reporting tools.
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project, Visio.