Summary of Major Responsibilities
The VP Health Systems will lead an important sales initiative which has the ability to strongly influence the responsible for the overall access to integrated delivery networks (IDNs) and similar large systems networks that contractually bind groups of health care providers and decision makers together for product utilization (e.g. IPAs and ACOs). Other responsibilities may include the support of medical policy coverage initiatives, population health initiatives and strategic market development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Define the Exact Sciences’ strategy for IDN market access and utilization of Cologuard and other potential additions to the promotional portfolio
- Provide guidance into the development of brand/portfolio ‘value’ offering for IDNs and large GI clinics
- Secure a change in protocols to support Cologuard’s use in CRC screening
- Build robust understanding of the IDN decision makers and procurement process of top Tier 1 and Tier 2 national accounts. Utilize ‘system’ or other information in CRM to aggregate for data mining and business analytics
- Lead and manage a team of National Account Managers who are aligned to the top priority Tier 1 and Tier 2 IDNs nationally across the US
- Effectively coach and hire the team to drive strong relationships with high priority IDN Key Opinion Leaders, C-Suite, Purchasing Pharmacists, and procurement teams to facilitate access to Cologuard and influence/change CRC screening protocols
- Establish key performance indicators and incentive plans that effectively drive the most productive and impactful behaviors and business outcomes
- Develop comprehensive pull-through tactical plans with sales leadership, local leadership teams and their direct reports (managers and representatives)
- Actively track and manage data to effectively articulate IDN’s performance to predetermined revenue, volume and access metrics
- Ensure Cologuard is well positioned in top priority IDNs when included in USPSTF/NCQA quality measures through partnerships with medical affairs and market access colleagues
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the diagnostic marketplace and CRC screening competitive intelligence
- Works collaboratively with cross-functional teams to uncover IDN opportunities, and/or uncover underlying or unexpressed clinical/customer needs
- Acts as a strong leader/coach for team of skilled and competent NAMs, so they can have effective business/conceptual discussions with decision makers, provide strong clinical positioning of Cologuard in CRC screening protocols, and develop skills sets for career aspirations
- Will play an executive leadership role as needed with national accounts, may be an influencer at the table for decision-making with system executive team
- Coordinates closely with the primary care sales leadership team on priority accounts and key projects targeting volume and system opportunities
- Ensures key stakeholders; marketing, medical affairs, managed care, alternate channels, and operations, are fully briefed and aligned on relevant IDN business opportunities
- Ensure communication of key IDN initiatives (success’s and issues/challenges) is maintained at a high level across the regions and supporting groups
- Bachelor's degree plus at least eight years diagnostic, surgical or pharmaceutical sales and/or marketing experience, with a preference of three years working with medical policy and contracting, coverage and payment issues
- At least 5 years of demonstrated success in sales leadership, of either national accounts or first line leaders and ability to work across functional leadership partners to align objectives and execute business plan
- Must possess strong analytical skills, effective key account management and understand the technology assessment processes and appeals process within payer and provider groups.
- Must be self-directed; acting as a change agent and as such have results orientation, with an ability to work independently and make decisions in a dynamic environment dealing with internal and external issues.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and manage time and multiple projects, and apply strategic thinking to long-term business objectives that strongly influence national strategic/tactical plans
- Effective presentation skills; able to present ideas and evidence-based scientific and economic data to customers in a way that produces understanding and impact.
- High business acumen – demonstrated, comprehensive understanding of healthcare industry from payer and healthcare system perspective and ability to have strategic discussions
- Experience working within an institution setting and/or key account management experience working with C-Suite influencers (CEO, CCO, CFO, Medical Director, etc.) preferred.
- Willingness to travel nationally at least 50-60%