Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to create advertising campaigns and media experiences that bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
Strategy at Digitas is a multi-disciplinary team of Creative, Social, Experience and Connections Strategy experts, unified by a shared ambition to inspire ideas that move people.
To further accelerate this ambition, we are looking for an outstanding VP/Director, Experience Strategy – someone who champions a progressive approach to what’s possible with digitalexperiences and the experiences brands should aspire to provide for consumers in a digital world.
While our Creative Strategy team inspires and refines the voice of a brand, the Experience Strategy team ultimately defines what it should do – the experience it needs to provide people, the problem it will solve – creating a holistic vision and integrated guiding system for a brands’ digital-centric products and services.
Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
As VP/Director, Experience Strategy, your comprehensive digital strategy and consumer experience expertise will be essential to provide strategic leadership on key client engagements.
Rooted in an in-depth and empathetic understanding of the consumer’s current environment and ecosystem as well as their priorities, motivators and pain points, this pivotal role demands a focus on how to most effectively solve for experience gaps between today’s consumer experience and the desired future state.
Day-to-day, your role will concentrate on guiding strategy across key accounts while delivering industry-leading service, which includes:
- Analyzing a variety of data-centric resources, hacking data, researching behaviors, looking at what people are doing and hypothesizing why
- Building consumer personas, identifying pain points and mapping experience journeys to envision brand experiences across web, mobile, AI and other emerging interfaces
- Assisting or leading experience ideation workshops with Experience Design teams and clients; facilitating conversations and championing powerful, unexpected insights to inspire creative solutions
- Crafting Experience briefs; with powerful, unexpected insights that inspire
- Identifying cultural trends and keeping a pulse on internet and start-up culture; providing teams and clients with a point of view on how it affects the way brands connect with people
- Helping to build digital product and service business cases to validate commercial viability
- Partnering with key players across the agency (Relationship Leads, Technology, Experience Design and other teams) to determine strategy needs, growth possibilities and opportunities to bring competitively differentiated future experiences to life
This critically important role requires a depth of expertise (10-12 years; min 4-year college degree, Masterspreferred), including a track record of impactful work experience and professional ingenuity – which means you are:
- A digitalexperience-savvy marketer and passionate problem-solver with an unstoppable drive to inspire teams and bring the best work to life
- A strong analytical thinker and translator with exceptional data-dexterity, including the ability to conduct validation-usability studies to uncover insights that drive experience strategy, design and implementation
- A system-thinker with a strong background or practiced expertise in service design and UX methods, supported by knowledge of technology platforms and SEO
- A strategic partner who illuminates unexpected insights and provides clarity on the role and expectations of a digitalexperience
- A collaborator comfortable in agile- or sprint-based approaches, willing to work in real time
- A team leader and relationship builder who can provide an authoritative point of view with senior clients, while fostering partnership and collaboration with all levels of the agency and its partners
- An approachable manager with a strong history of team oversight and talent development; known to coach, educate and grow junior talent
- An all-around seasoned professional with exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills, and the flexibility to adapt quickly to change