As a rapidly growing global provider of IT solutions, we’ve expanded from Seattle to Sydney and beyond – with reach in over 80 countries around the world. Today’s top brands count on Zones and our world-class partners – Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, Dell, Lenovo, and more – to transform their enterprises. To support this transformation, Zones offers products and services across four Solution Environments: Workplace Modernization, Network Optimization, Data Center Transformation, and Security Fortification.
At Zones, work is more than a job – it's an exciting career immersed in an inventive, collaborative culture. If you’re interested in working on the cutting edge of IT innovation, sales, engineering, operations, administration, and more, Zones is the place for you!
The VP & GM, Marketing is responsible for the global design and development of the end to end marketing strategy tosupport Zones aggressive growth goals and to craft a compelling narrative on how Zones presents itself to the world. This leader will be accountable for establishing brand awareness in the marketplace, from strategy to detailed implementation, tomeasurable success using established metrics. In addition, the VP & GM, Marketing will be responsible for hiring and building out a world class marketing team as well as coaching and developing internal talent with the goal to inspire and empower greatness across the team. The VP & GM, Marketing will have responsibilities for leading the global marketing organization, partnering with internal stakeholders and engaging the external market - including key customers, the media partners, and industry analysts.
Successful candidates will bring deep marketing expertise in brand strategy and execution, analyst / public relation engagement, demand generation, marketing analytics and results-orientation to the position. This high-energy individual willeffectively develop and communicate actionable customer insights, create high-impact and innovative marketing programs, and align the marketing efforts to the overall strategic goals of the company.
Key Areas of Focus
- Brand & Editorial: Create a distinctive and fun brand which will differentiate Zones from other solution providers. Define the visual identity, editorial voice & tone and train all customer facing teams to represent the brand and ensure consistency. Fuse the brand into the customer facing properties and within the product itself.
- Sales Enablement: Partner closely with Partner and Product Management to identify and create world class sales enablement materials.
- Product Synergy: Work closely with Partner and Product Management in understanding competitive threats, understanding our customers, and driving cross functional growth teams.
- Demand Generation: Create a scalable demand generation machine utilizing multiple channels and advanced targeting methods. Relentlessly optimize against metrics.
- Content Marketing: Develop a deep set of rich contents that will engage, educate and entertain prospects and customers alike.
- Lifecycle Nurturing: Leverage the content repository to strategically nurture prospects and customers throughout their lifecycle through intelligent drip paths and across multiple channels.
- Operations: Build the tech stack foundation to precisely track core marketing metrics and understand program spend effectiveness through multi-channel attribution. Track core customer metrics including NPS and CSAT and report to the overall organization.
- PR: Build momentum and buzz by shaping and capitalizing on the Zones vision. Target and develop key press relationships. Tell our story with passion.
- Customer Stories: Bring to life the incredible transformational stories of our customers. Build relationships with existing customers, obtain sign-offs, secure interviews, and get the top logos.
- Field Marketing: Manage our events strategy across external and internal events. Deliver an incredible experience when prospects and existing customers interact with our brand at physical events.
- Improve brand awareness and engage in the end to end ownership of Zones positioning in the market place (brand identity, content strategy, etc.).
- Develop and implement a high-impact marketing plan to increase top-and-bottom line performance of Zones products and services, across all channels and global regions in partnership with Partner and Product Management.
- Direct public relations effort, working with internal and external partners to identify and capitalize on opportunities for analyst / media coverage for the organization.
- Direct analyst relations efforts, working with internal Zones and Zones infrastructure teams, to firmly establish the company’s products and solutions in key markets we serve.
- Build and execute ROI-driven marketing programs to drive sales and revenue growth.
- Implement best practices in marketing and pipeline development to fully leverage investments.
- Develop segmentation, competitive analysis/market intelligence.
- Develop, measure and report on key marketing metrics.
- Build and manage a high-performing marketing team, while coaching and developing team members for longer termorganizational success.
- Ensure internal sales teams have the tools, training and incentives needed to sell effectively by working with the Partner and Product Management team.
- Be a strong collaborator and partner.
- Function as an executive leader and doer, providing leadership and insights, supporting strategic objectives, and being a hands-on member of the team.
- Have understanding of the Business universe and segment SMB, MM, Enterprise, HC and PS
- Research verticals and identify high spend IT customers
- Create prospect data bases for each segment and vertical
- Manage customer database and provide analytics.
- Create GTM strategies with the solutions group, world class marketing materials and campaigns and enable sales teams to execute?
- Develop communication strategy for engaged work force, loyal customer base and forging alliances with partners.
- Increase net promoter score
- 15+ years of experience leading marketing and business development activity, ideally within the technology industry or in a professional services organization. Client orientation is critical.
- Extensive experience improving brand awareness on a global basis, from strategy to tactical execution.
- Proven success with analyst / public relations engagements.
- Significant experience managing others and driving / aligning teams to organizational strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to scale and improve programs, optimize efforts and drive program outcomes across multiplegeographies.
- Well-honed ability to analyze problems and needs, evaluate alternatives and find solutions.
- Strong strategic planning capabilities with experience in developing and managing timelines, schedules, budgets and resources across functional areas.
- A strong track record of high-impact leadership with a focus on team-building, problem-solving and cross functional collaboration.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for building productive relationships with key stakeholders and leadership.
- Advanced analytical and reporting skills, with the ability to deliver on return on marketing investment (ROMI) metrics
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to simplify complex topics into clear and easily understandable messages.
- MBA in Marketing is a plus.
- Proven ability to build, manage and collaborate with globally distributed teams.
- Experience managing end to end marketing efforts for a high-growth technology company.
- Strong external partner relationships to support marketing strategy / organizational goals.
- Experience operating in a lean environment and optimizing resources for the initiatives that drive the biggest organizational impact.
- Ability to excite and motivate teams toward a collective vision globally.
- Demonstrated acumen in B2B strategy execution.