We want to add another Human Resource Leader who will make a difference to the success of our growing business. The Vice President of Global Talent will report to the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO), and will be responsible for leading Symantec’s Global Talent Management functions, inclusive of Talent Acquisition and Talent Development. They will be responsible for driving all strategic and operational aspects of Talent Management globally, including workforce planning, Organization & Talent reviews, succession planning and leadership capability building.
· The position requires an experienced Leader with deep domain knowledge in talent growth, change leadership and operational effectiveness with demonstrated innovative and business savvy approaches.
· The ability to execute within a strategic transformation that is underway in both Talent Acquisition and Talent Development solving for improving our alignment to workforce planning, creating a robust talent pipeline, enhancing our quality of hire, candidate experience, and manager effectiveness in conjunction with the internal development and mobility of our employees within Symantec
· Internal/External “Clients” include business Leaders, related business partners, current and prospective employees of Symantec
The success of the Global Talent Leader will be measured by their ability to provide overall leadership in driving our talent strategy and delivering on operational effectiveness of the Talent Management activities and organization. Their primary objective is to serve as a recruiting and a talent thought leader and evangelist working globally with key stakeholders to help continue transforming the Global Talent Organization. Lastly, we expect to hear from our Business leaders that the Talent Team is an integral component of their strategy to grow the business.
Location of Position
Mountain View, California
Reports to: Chief Human Resources Officer, who oversees Symantec’s global human resources function, as well as leads Symantec’s workplace/workforce strategy and planning, real estate and facilities functions. Key Internal Stakeholders: CEO and the Executive Leadership Team. This role is closely aligned to all Senior Business and HR leadership, including the Human Resource Business Partner team, Pay & Performance and Predictive Data Analytics team. Key relationships will also include managing strategic partnerships with selected service providers.
Today, the Global Talent organization consists of approximately 60 people (in-sourced and outsourced). We anticipate this role to determine and implement the appropriate strategy for go forward success.
· Own and drive the overall strategy and definition of the Talent Management interaction model, including process and experience – end to end; coordinate cross-functionally
· Develop proactive engagement to extend loyalty and relationship support
· Develop and lead a global portfolio of training and development initiatives for all levels of the organization
· Expand the current succession planning process to deepen the levels of review and engagement of executives. Facilitate all formal succession planning and executive leadership development processes
· Build and deploy processes to assess and develop talent across all functions and leadership levels. Connect the Succession Planning to the Leadership Development initiatives
· Hire, lead and develop a high performing team
· Develop, review and approve budget control reports, cost estimates, and resource requirement forecasts
· Develop operational goals, customer Service Level Agreements (SLA), and production Key Performance Indicators (KPI) which are tied to long-term goals of Symantec
· Measure and communicate progress to deliverables, goals and performance standards
CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION: KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
· 15 + years of experience leading a combination of Human Resources “In the Business” and Functions in a company of comparable size with requisite P&L experience
· A proven high performing contributor to Human Resources Leadership teams beyond your individual scope
· A demonstrated track record of developing and enhancing the end to end Talent experience
· Prior track-record of successfully building, inspiring and growing a large-scale HR function for a high-growth technology company
· Experience partnering with business leaders in developing and executing workforce plans in alignment with business strategy
· Expertise in creating vision and providing leadership to a global HR team
· Overall responsibility for creating and executing company talent strategy, through effective planning, staffing, budgeting, innovation, and process excellence
· Exemplary Change leader with experience establishing, inspiring, and leading high-performance teams
· Ability to travel based on business need is required