The Vice President, Supply Chain is responsible for leading and managing the global supply chain, procurement, logistics and transportation functions, reporting to the Vice President Manufacturing. This including ensuring the right team and processes in place to support our goals and objectives to meet our customer and internal quality, delivery and cost requirements for suppliers, transportation, and logistics including import taxes and duties.
This position will be based in the Chicagoland area – Wood Dale, IL – and will also ensure compliance with all Danaher and Individual country regulations related to supplier, parts and fluids transportation and import/export.
Manage a budget of $350m in purchased parts, supplies and materials which are used in manufacturing equipment, fluids and replacement parts. You will oversee a team of around 35 people, including direct reports located in the US and China. Additionally, in support of our other Marking and Coding companies, the VP Supply Chain will indirectly guide and support the Supply Chain leaders at Linx, FOBA and Laetus and their respective teams.
Your Direct Reports are: Director, Direct Procurement; Director, New Product Development Sourcing; Director, Global Indirect Sourcing; Director, Supply Chain; Manager, VAE; Supply Chain DBS Leader.
Your main responsibilities include
- Supplier Quality – creating and effectively implementing sustainable processes and working closely with suppliers and engineering to drive down EPPM on existing and new purchased products.
- Delivery – creating and effectively implementing sustainable business processes that result in improved predictability and speed of supplies shipments with reduced supplier lead times and on-time delivery.
- Identify, select and partner with suppliers that provide high quality products, components, materials and services at the best total cost.
- Conduct market analysis to assess environmental conditions to determine "buy best" approaches evaluating value beyond price (e.g. innovation, growth, life-cycle costs, working capital and capex) while ensuring material continuity and minimizing supply risk.
- Deliver year-over-year costs savings while creating and sustaining an environment that demands and expects sustainable results with continuous improvement.
- Develop sourcing strategies and plans working collaboratively with other Danaher operating companies to best leverage spend and supplier value.
- Develop and implement global distribution and logistics strategies, processes and actions which reduce freight, tax and duty costs.
- Develop and implement inventory management methodologies, distribution and stocking locations, decision making processes (Kanban) to improve inventory turns.
- Lead the development and utilization of tools & systems to evaluate supplier quotes and applying appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price and delivery.
- Lead the design, implementation, management, updating and monitoring of procurement and supply chain reporting systems to ensure targets/metrics and customer needs are met.
- New Product Development – working closely with our research and development and engineering teams to launch new products with world-class levels of supplier SQDC.
- Organizational Development – developing and retaining a highly productive and efficient operations team while driving succession planning for direct reports and the VP Supply Chain.
- DBS (Danaher Business System) excellence -- creating an organizational culture with regular kaizen activities leveraging daily management and continuous process improvement to achieve sustainable competitive advantage.
- Operational Excellence: Develop, implement and update monthly KPI's both globally and for each commodity. Drive monthly L2 and L3 Supply Chain Operating reviews including as needed complete PSP's and action plans to ensure achievement of targeted objectives.
- Develop and maintain collaborative and effective relationship with cross-functional peers/teams and suppliers addressing areas of concern and continuing performance requirements.
- Maintain supplier rating/scorecards and address supplier performance and multiple source needs to ensure business continuity.
- Communicate and enforce company policies and country regulations regarding supplier and team compliance as driven through the Danaher Standards (Code) of Conduct.
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in a global, networked, Lean supply chain and procurement environment of a top company with world class manufacturing capabilities.
- Proven hands on experience in continuous improvement and kaizen processes working collaboratively with manufacturing and suppliers.
- Direct experience managing suppliers from high growth markets in China/Asia.
- Experience leading supply chain and supporting new product development of integrated technology products (e.g., mechanical, electrical, software-driven devices with embedded fluids).
- Successful track record with leadership roles of progressively increasing responsibility.
- Acquisition integration experience will be a plus.
- Strong track record of organization and team development including succession planning, developing future leaders and topgrading. Positively drives team engagement, collaboration and teamwork.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including effective use of presentations and spreadsheet analysis.
- A bachelor's degree in business management, operations management or engineering. An M.B.A. or other advanced degree is strongly preferred.