$180K - $250K(Ladders Estimates)
Job Description Initiating a search for a VICE PRESIDENT GLOBAL PURCHASING & PROCUREMENT (Manufacturing) for a mid-to-large, multi-site, global manufacturer. Position will lead and manage all aspects (i.e. strategy, best practices, execution, etc.) of sourcing and purchasing/procurement of products (domestically and internationally) for the company. (Note: this includes supplier/vendor relationships and contract management as well as oversight of demand forecasting and marketing analysis.) Position will manage a mid-sized team, be part of the leadership team and be integral in leading/driving a number of process improvement/re engineering efforts across the company.
• Develop and execute strategies designed to improve business process productivity, reduce costs and procurement related expenses while improving profitability for all business entities.
• Procure services and develop strategies at a high level to provide the highest quality at the lowest negotiated cost to the business units.
• Support the development of the overall value stream with focus on inventory, lead times, and replenishment times.
• Lead and coordinate strategic procurement for direct spend within the organization.
• Establish and measure KPIs to drive performance for on-time, in-full delivery performance, collaborates on shipping costs for all forms of transit including land, air and sea.
• Secure spend and contract transparency across plants.
• Evaluates and manages the network of suppliers both domestically and internationally; continually accessing cost, quality, on-time delivery and ensuring compliance with legal, safety and transportation standards.
• Develop and maintain third-party supplier relationships. May negotiate International and Domestic freight, warehousing and related logistics services in order to procure products.
• Develops transportation and warehousing strategies for new products. Globally sources for new suppliers, performing due diligence; makes appropriate recommendations / collaborates with Logistics/Warehouse Manager.
• Develops fiscal budgets and ensures effective management within budgetary guidelines. Compiles, generates and provides requested data with regular communication to Executive Leadership Team.
• Maintains market intelligence related to purchasing, logistics and maintains streamlined and well-understood business processes and systems within supply chain; reporting updates and research to key stakeholders
• Direct and indirect supervision of Business Unit Buyers. Proving appropriate leadership and management disciplines to achieve business goals and enable effective team performance across the entire organization.
Education, Certifications & Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in procurement, logistics, supply chain, transportation or business-related field.
• Minimum of 10 years' experience in global purchasing, transportation and/or warehouse operations, with experience developing and implementing procurement and delivery strategies on more than one continent and for more than one transportation mode.
• Multi-national Company experience preferred.
Valid Through: 2019-10-9