- Unit Cost Initiative, (UCI,) Expense reduction of ~$150M globally across many disciplines, procurement, model office, product simplification, strategic location strategies, etc... responsible for tracking, forecasting and reporting expense reductions to ensure UCI targets are achieved and if there are issues with achieving these targets, incumbent to work with Sr. Ops leaders to come up with alternatives to achieve targets
- Coordinates the budgeting and forecasting annual spend of ~$1.1 Billion. Partners with the Ops leadership to ensure that all budget deliverables are met. Exercises budget/forecast control and is held accountable for the financial results in the areas of responsibilities; headcount tracking 10,000+, $1.1B global budget, UCI saves $150M
- Serves as a value added, trusted partner and a liaison to Global Ops management on business matters having a financial impact within the various departments. Takes a pro-active view on the analysis of potential and in progress initiatives and expense patterns/trends. Makes recommendations and helps enable effective business decision making in support of the Global Ops EVP and his directs (all SVPs)
- Ensures compliance with Global Ops and Corporate Finance financial controls and practices
- Acts as an advocate for and effective manager of change; develop and provide recommendations to Global Ops lead identifying business opportunities leading to expense reductions. Requires interaction with all levels of Global Ops organization to fully understand business initiatives and the outcome of said initiatives.
- Business case review and substantiation of spend and/or expense reductions to ensure all “PARs” are factual and that the financials ae captured accurately in the 3 year Plan/Forecast views. Required to present to Sr. Management where specific approvals are required.
- Significant interaction with the Business CFO’s and FP&A regarding the billing of Global Ops services by segment and product. Work jointly with the business to ensure billing allocations are current and accurate, revising for re-organizations, consolidations, expansions etc.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- B.A. / B.S. degree is required. Advanced degree in Business Administration, Finance, is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting, finance operations and associated business processes.
- A minimum of 10-15years of experience within a given function (e.g., Finance, Accounting, IT).
- 10 or more year’s professional experience in global, complex, multi-segment, corporate environments in the insurance industry.
- Advanced written/oral communication and presentation skills.
- Insurance experience in P&C and/or Life is most helpful
- Strong record of success in leading business growth with significant P&L responsibility (within a given industry, e.g., Financial Services, Consumer Goods- -be specific about what this is/looks like).
- Accomplished change management leader, able to operate effectively in a highly matrix environment