Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
**Relocation Assistance Provided
As a member of the professional staff, contributes a high level of specialized knowledge and skill in a discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) area to support department and/or function objectives. Generally works with considerable independence, developing operating plans and related operational processes for own department and monitoring the flow of work between own department and others in alignment with broader business objectives, selecting and developing effective managers and work teams, and managing own organization through reliable systems and processes.
Specific Job Summary
The Vice President, International Tax Operations is responsible for overseeing all taxfinancialreporting, U.S. taxreporting, and local direct and indirect tax compliance processes for Marriott Vacations Worldwide ("MVW") foreign entities. The Vice President manages a team of tax professionals and outside service providers to meet on-going business tax requirements and obligations in compliance with the tax laws and regulations, to assist with taxaudits and evaluate tax planning opportunities in various jurisdictions. The Vice President functions as a member of the MVW Tax Management Team.
Generic Expected Contributions
- Develops operating plans and workable business processes for own department in alignment with function strategy.
- Manages larger business processes and/or projects, setting priorities and measurable objectives, monitoring and reporting on the process, progress and results. Typically influences work of cross-functional or extended teams.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on business requests that have broader department impact and/or moderate risk. Presents alternative solutions to business issues by leveraging the broader organization.
- Works to enhance the organization's capabilities through effective staffing and development of others by:
- anticipating staffing requirements by comparing business needs with strengths and weaknesses of existing staff.
- using appropriate MVW interviewing tools to hire the best managers available from inside or outside.
- setting and maintaining high standards for team and individual performance.
- providing timely coaching and feedback.
- making and rewarding distinctions in performance.
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- acting in a consultative fashion to implement programs impacting the broader organization.
- assisting in the development and communication of broader organizational goals.
- achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
- taking calculated risks to move the department or team forward.
- developing and using systems to organize and keep track of information.
- balancing the interests of own group with the interests of the organization.
- working with others to identify and remove barriers to success.
- Readily critiques own behavior to acknowledge mistakes and improve future leadership performance and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
- pecific Candidate Profile
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Master of Taxation preferred.
- Twelve plus years of corporate taxexperience with similar size organizations with minimum of five years international taxexperience.
- Strong U.S. tax technical skills including Subpart F, GILTI, FTC limitation calculations, transfer pricing and tax research.
- Experience leading and managing large scale initiatives.
- Five plus years in a supervisory role with demonstrated success leading and developing a functional team in a complex, service-intensive, and deadline-driven environment.
- Proven history of consistently delivering results.
- Timeshare, real estate development, or hospitality experiencepreferred.
Skills & Attributes
- Proven ability to be trustworthy and act with integrity; able to hold sensitive information in confidence.
- Able to build and maintain professional working relationships via networking, listening, and persuading others.