As a member of the professional staff, contributes a high level of specialized knowledge and skill in a discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) area to support department and/or function objectives. Generally works with considerable independence, developing operating plans and related operational processes for own department and monitoring the flow of work between own department and others in alignment with broader business objectives, selecting and developing effective managers and work teams, and managing own organization through reliable systems and processes.
Specific Job Summary
The Vice President - Global Tax, Income TaxAccounting is primarily responsible for ensuring that the quarterly and annual financial statement reporting of accounting for income taxes for worldwide subsidiaries is complete and accurate under the principals of US GAAP, including ASC 740, FIN 18, and FIN 48. Assist SVP, Global Tax with all tax aspects of external reporting (SEC and Investor). Includes development, coaching and management of staff as well as review of all material workpapers and schedules.
Generic Expected Contributions
- Develops operating plans and workable business processes for own department in alignment with function strategy.
- Manages larger business processes and/or projects, setting priorities and measurable objectives, monitoring and reporting on the process, progress and results. Typically influences work of cross-functional or extended teams.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on business requests that have broader department impact and/or moderate risk. Presents alternative solutions to business issues by leveraging the broader organization.
- Works to enhance the organization's capabilities through effective staffing and development of others by:
- anticipating staffing requirements by comparing business needs with strengths and weaknesses of existing staff.
- using appropriate MVW interviewing tools to hire the best managers available from inside or outside.
- setting and maintaining high standards for team and individual performance.
- providing timely coaching and feedback.
- making and rewarding distinctions in performance.
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- acting in a consultative fashion to implement programs impacting the broader organization.
- assisting in the development and communication of broader organizational goals.
- achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
- taking calculated risks to move the department or team forward.
- developing and using systems to organize and keep track of information.
- balancing the interests of own group with the interests of the organization.
- working with others to identify and remove barriers to success.
- Readily critiques own behavior to acknowledge mistakes and improve future leadership performance and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
- Maintains all global deferred tax assets for realization and support positions taken with respect to valuation allowances against those assets.
- Liaise with financial planning team to calculate the effective tax rates for forecasts, budgets and long-range plan.
- Establishes and maintains tax rates for planning and reporting and identifies opportunities to reduce the overall effective tax rate.
- Establishes and maintains a taxreporting process including the maintenance of internal controls pursuant to SOX 404, the reconciliation of tax accounts, and the implementation of tax workbooks and taxreporting packages.
- Primary contact for financial statement auditors in relation to income tax accounting and controls matters.
- Provides input, guidance, and expertise as needed to forecasting and budgetary activities.
- Monitors repatriations and impact on APB 23 assertions.