Brief Summary of This Position:
Reporting to the Group President of Global Engineered Support Structures, this position is responsible for planning, directing, and controlling the finance and accounting functions and practices for the business unit. This position also has a functional reporting relationship to the Executive Vice-President and CFO. You are a globally savvy, highly commercial finance professional with relevant experience domestically and internationally and a good working knowledge of U.S. and international accounting principles. This includes such areas as budgeting, forecasting, profitability analysis, accounting systems, internal control, financialreporting, management of accounting information, working capital management and business financing. You possess a demonstrated track record and interest in FP&A, and an inherent drive to improve quality of earnings and balance sheet through experiential business acumen, with the right balance of attention to detail and objectivity to analyze and interpret operating statistics and make recommendations to Division Management concerning finance, accounting and general business issues.
- Provide leadership to execute the segment business strategy. Drive change, standardization adoption and operating performance of the business.
- Partners with the senior leadership team to develop the business strategy and drive the translation of strategic goals into actionable/measurablebusiness plans.
- As an integral member of the Valmont Finance Leadership Team, collaborate with Corporate and other segment finance leaders to provide functional leadership and support projects to develop talent, improve functional excellence through effective finance standard policies and standard work. Major areas of focus are reducing complexity, automating processes and improving quality.
- Maintain the segment’s fiscal integrity and internal control systems. Provide strong leadership and oversight of financial controls and systems.
- Lead the segment’s planning and forecasting process with appropriate levels of variance.
- Partners for effective execution of project initiatives including capital investments, restructure projects, footprint utilization, new product launch, acquisitions and divestitures.
- Reviews, develops and approves forecasts, plans, inventory standards, capital investments, productivity initiatives, and business case proposals. Works with internal team and colleagues in other segments and Corporate to refine forecasting processes to improve accuracy and reliability.
- Assimilates, evaluates, and correlates associated risk/benefit trade-offs of project proposals and subsequent tracking and reporting to ensure achievement of planned return on investment.
- Interprets, implements, and/or maintains divisional and corporate financial policies, practices and procedures, including provision of effective controls and audit capabilities.
- Build and direct a world-class finance team utilizing systems and processes to support corporate and business unit activities. Coach, develop and upgrade talent as required.
- Liaise with otherinternal stakeholders to ensure alignment with enterprise initiatives. Interact frequently with Treasury, Tax and Audit.
- This position reports into the Group President of Global Engineered Support Structures and functionally to the Company’s EVP & CFO and has 2 direct reports .
- This role requires up to 30% travelinternationally and domestically, including overnight stays.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with 10+ years of relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years management experience with demonstrated ability to lead teams
- Demonstrated leadership experience within a global organization
- Experience with ERP and financial consolidation software
- Strong working knowledge of general accounting, cost accounting and financialreporting
- Strong working knowledge of finance and manufacturing and distribution principles
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and reportfinancial data to support an understanding of performance and decision making
- Ability to provide reliable, pertinent support and assistance to the business covering issues such as performance, pricing, working capital, cash flow, cost management and budgeting
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment and discretion
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment subject to specific deadlines
- Strong communication, and interpersonal skills and the ability to support business objectives
- Conceptual, analytical and organizational skills for developing processes and procedures in addition to coordinating implementation and operation
- Capability of effectively communicating with all levels of management as well as legal counsel, outside accounting firms, financial institutions and other business executives
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Master’s degree in a related accounting or finance field
- Prior experience within a manufacturing company