Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
Not Specified years
Posted 54 days ago
The Global Debit Product Management team is focused on delivering compelling solutions that meet the current and emerging payment needs for Issuers, Merchants and Consumers.
Specifically, this team is responsible for the debit portfolio management, driving cash displacement and new revenues by optimizing the debit portfolios and business models. We refine and execute strategies to grow activation and usage of debit at the point of sale, and optimize the business models to grow into new pool of transactions.
The VP, Debit Product & Portfolio Management will own the strategy and roadmap to execute and ensure optimization of the global debit portfolios. The successful candidate will develop through leadership through research, best practices sharing, and partnership with MasterCard Advisors for cash displacement strategies, card spend, utilization and other such strategies worldwide. This role will work cross-functionally to drive execution with regional debit teams, analytics, marketing, Advisors and Sales.
Develop a comprehensive agenda inclusive of addressing cash displacement (ATM to POS and Low Value Payments), increasing spend, improving authorization/decline ratio, and addressing any roadblocks to customer utilization.
• Partner with the regional and country teams to identify ATM to POS optimization opportunities, defining those strategies, and driving the execution. This includes sizing and prioritizing the business with an understanding of the different market dynamics, the competitive landscapes and the challenges.
• Collaborate with Debit Line Strategy teams to ensure strategic alignment. Liaison with Digital Payments, ATM, Network and other Core Products teams to leverage synergies and new platforms.
• Manage a test-and-learn program testing market-wide program constructs in priority markets, packaging the findings and enabling regional teams to scale the outcomes.
• Work with MasterCard Advisors, Regional Product and Sales teams to deploy the MasterCard 5-Step methodology to prioritized Issuers.
• Develop sales enablement materials in partnership with Marketing. Share best practices globally, both internally and externally that positions MC as a thought leader and also supports market needs with actionable and relevant insights.
• Conduct consumer research as needed to further the organization global understanding of consumer behavioral considerations and needs specific to debit utilization.
• Conduct market development activities and drive market preparation activities, translating marketing strategy to sales and account strategies and channel management approaches if appropriate.
• Support on customer engagement opportunities, thought leadership development and deployment and internal training of global debit stakeholders.
All About You
• Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree preferred
• Retail banking background or debit product knowledge desired
• Proven track-record around ability to bring ideas from creation to execution
• Experience with scaling large enterprise level projects at global level
• Able to get things done through other people, strong influencing skills
• Ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior management, customers, and business partners.
• Solid communication and presentation skills
• Strong cross-functional / multi stakeholder management skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Collaborative style with experience of working in a regional/ global team
• Ability to manage a high-performing team
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to present to customers and at conferences
• Strong business acumen – ability to understand and make recommendations around pricing